That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

almost didn't recognise this as a weekend thread. there's been like five whole pages without some rando with no avatar going on a three paragraph rant about critics or a franchise they're entirely too mad about. this is like some 2014 BOT nonsense back when this site was fun and these threads weren't a total chore every week.

The power of R. Kelly brought us all together.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm heading out of the house to go see Free Solo so I trust that you will all be responsible and keep this proverbial train firmly on its rails.

tenor.gif?itemid=5514945

just want everyone to know that the trapped in the closet dvd (which yes i do own) has a "visual commentary" which is you just watch R Kelly sitting in a chair (from behind) with a cigar like he's fucking max cady from cape fear watching trapped in the closet.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Astonished 2

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

almost didn't recognise this as a weekend thread. there's been like five whole pages without some rando with no avatar going on a three paragraph rant about critics or a franchise they're entirely too mad about. this is like some 2014 BOT nonsense back when this site was fun and these threads weren't a total chore every week.

Coolio is right, tho. This forum used to be a lot of fun and there were fantastic weekend threads where everyone was having a good time. Nowadays, the forum is a shadow of what it used to be. This is also why I barely posted during 2018 and left my mod position. I just don't identify with what this place is nowadays.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Coolio is right, tho. This forum used to be a lot of fun and there were fantastic weekend threads where everyone was having a good time. Nowadays, the forum is a shadow of what it used to be.

Maybe BOT needs to be visited by three ghosts.

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

futurist reading through ten pages of derailment waiting for someone to mention spider-verse so he can be snarky about it:

n08A8NO.jpg

Here s Shyalaman twist for ya :

Already saw Spidey-verse twice, excellent CGI movie with weird looking textured image and choppy animation.

Edited by The Futurist

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This derailment is my FYC for Most Valuable Poster. I am singlehandedly bringing BOT back to its roots :Gaga: 

The derailment really started with Nolan. Praise our god

See above post, his influence

Edited by MrPink
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

Here s Shyalaman twist for ya.

Already saw Spidey-verse twice, excellent CGI movie with weird looking textured image and choppy animation.

damn and yet your still gonna carry on trolling it. sad to see but i guess you're just dug in at this point.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Coolio is right, tho. This forum used to be a lot of fun and there were fantastic weekend threads where everyone was having a good time. Nowadays, the forum is a shadow of what it used to be. This is also why I barely posted during 2018 and left my mod position. I just don't identify with what this place is nowadays.

This weekend just isn't the same as the past 3 third weekends in December either. One big Star Wars film with huge numbers seems to be able to generate ongoing discussion about the numbers for great lengths of time. This just seems like a normal weekend thread. 

"Oh, Aquaman did $28M on opening day? Solid, solid." There's not much worthy box office talk at the moment. Not that I'm advocating for off topic stuff in this thread. Don't misunderstand me. I'm just saying. I'm already looking forward to STAR WARS: EPISODE IX next year and AVATAR 2 the year after, although I'm skeptical as to just how big that weekend is going to be. It'll be big, but $200M+ Star Wars territory big? Remains to be seen.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This derailment is my FYC for Most Valuable Poster. I am singlehandedly bringing BOT back to its roots :Gaga: 

R. Kelly saved this thread. Thank you, R. Kelly, for teaching us to laugh and love again.

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

If you can't get a win for funniest poster anymore, I'll help you win for most valuable poster.  Your campaign starts here.

But...why.

The most valuable thing I did this year was not be able to post in the biggest thread of the year. That’s the OPPOSITE of valuable

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

i don't know what the cause of the disease is that a lot of toxic people who are perpetually mad hang out here these days. like anyone who has any opinion about anything has a hidden agenda behind it because it doesn't line up with my clearly right opinion it drives me nuts. i think the internet is just more antagonistic in general idk.

• Thanks 1