cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

Just now, cookie said:

I had actually been wondering up until now if The Rescuers meant a remake of THE Rescuers. I guess now I know. 😂

It's a soft reboot as its gonna be live-action but the events of the first two films are still cannon.

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

How dark will Voltron 3 be? Asking for a friend.

It’s more serious than the previous two and more character introspective, but still well within the confines of a popcorn blockbuster.

Since my boi Rian is doing it a Last Jedi-esque tone is probably what I’m aiming for.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

It’s more serious than the previous two and more character introspective, but still well within the confines of a popcorn blockbuster.

Since my boi Rian is doing it a Last Jedi-esque tone is probably what I’m aiming for.

I wondering if I should put Music In Me the week before/after for counterprogramming like DM3/SMH, JW/IO, I2/FK, GLC/2LBH, TSW2/TUSG.

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm in for a ride

I’ve thought of sending you a few different cold opens for Scavvies 3 next week so I can decide what character is going to have the central focus, but I can say right now to everyone that regardless of whichever Numbers ends up preferring the opening line will still be this:

Spoiler

”Those who aren’t born monsters... become monsters.”

Take that as you will.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

I’ve thought of sending you a few different cold opens for Scavvies 3 next week so I can decide what character is going to have the central focus, but I can say right now to everyone that regardless of whichever Numbers ends up prefering the opening line will still be this:

Reveal hidden contents

Take that as you will.

As the philosopher Two-us Face-us noted.....

• Haha 1

PoE 3 will likely have the same tone/feel of the first two, though I again expect it to be the shortest of the three.

Assuming I continue onward, the bridge film I've mentioned would be somewhat closer to an Indiana Jones/The Mummy style romp.

Important Note: I'm referring to 1999 Brendan Fraser Mummy, not Tom Cruise Mummy

Edited by 4815162342

I just had a frightening occurrence happen to me on this site. Do you know how sometimes, when you post things, there's a squiggly line at the bottom of a few words -- completely unintentionally? Well, I was putting together a game-plan for my schedule in the Studio Plans thread and a squiggly line popped up below the name Brad Bird. I hovered my clicker over the words, and a small text box popped up. It said:

'Think positive or die'

(You might be able to see it up there where I have that director's name. Let me know whether you can or can't see it.)

Long story short, I didn't want that there, so I changed the director of my original animated film to Sergio Pablos. And if he's taken, I'll choose the duo of John Musker and Ron Clements.

But isn't that scary? I might have trouble going to sleep tonight because of that. Why do you think that would happen?

Edited by Slambros

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I just had a frightening occurrence happen to me on this site. Do you know how sometimes, when you post things, there's a squiggly line at the bottom of a few words -- completely unintentionally? Well, I was putting together a game-plan for my schedule in the Studio Plans thread and a squiggly line popped up below the name Brad Bird. I hovered my clicker over the words, and a small text box popped up. It said:

'Think positive or die'

Long story short, I didn't want that there, so I changed the director of my original animated film to Sergio Pablos.

But isn't that scary? I might have trouble going to sleep tonight because of that. Why do you think that would happen?

Never seen that happen. That’s super weird and unsettling. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

'Think positive or die'

(You might be able to see it up there where I have that director's name. Let me know whether you can or can't see it.)

Long story short, I didn't want that there, so I changed the director of my original animated film to Sergio Pablos. And if he's taken, I'll choose the duo of John Musker and Ron Clements.

I think that might be a messed up running joke on the site based on Tomorrowland. Similar lines show up when you talk about Edgar Wright and JJ Abrams

Edited by Reddroast
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I hope so.

Though I don't remember Tomorrowland well enough to understand the joke. I'm not sure if anyone does.

The main theme of Tomorrowland is that because humanity decided not to embrace a more positive vision of the future, and instead imagined an apocalyptic one, the world is going to end and humanity is doomed. Thus "think positive or die". It earned the film a lot of ridicule when it came out and so that's where the joke kinda started.

I've seen it pop up before when someone types Brad Bird into a post for a couple years now, like how a couple of other names on the site have a little joke textbox accompanying them. Personally I think it's a little funny but I can understand how someone who doesn't get the joke would get creeped out.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1