AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Probably a lower chance of also taking #1 on its sixth, though.

But that would be amazing if it happened.

Umm Good Dinosaur isn't doing $30 million+ its 6th weekend even with super legs :D I'd love to see it do $300 million+ DOM. But $6-8 million is far more likely. Maybe $10-12 million

Star Wars 7 is locked to win New Year's. everything else will cannibalize each other

Lol the real article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/07/05/sneak-peek-sanjays-super-team-pixar-good-dinosaur/29592193/

Love Patel's aesthetics. 

635713955783415129-XXX-SANJAYS-SUPER-TEA

The more I read about this short, the more convinced I am that it could have made for a great full length. There is so much going on in terms of themes, visuals and concepts. And it is so different from the usual studio animation fare.

• Like 2

Seems like Sanjay Patel was incredibly nervous in assuming directing duties. Otherwise there is enough potential in that short to be a full-fledged movie. It has got all the quintessential Pixar ingredients (including an Incredibles-esque superhero flair) in addition to the novelty of focusing on a minority family and how their unique customs and culture affect their personal relationships.

Oh well, kudos to Lasseter and his dad for pushing him. Chances of Best Animated Short victory looking good. :D

...and hopefully actually good?

But I doubt it due to Incredibles 2. Disney will try poo-poo-ing it since the concepts are too similar. (Big Hero 6 was helped being based in Marvel and having the WDAS brand instead of Pixar)

I'm sure the dude will snag a film fairly quickly, here's hoping he doesn't Gary Rydstrom it.