PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. You're not going to find any Pixar ranking that looks exactly the same as any other.

True enough--I only responded against it because it wasn't simply someone's opinion but the ranking of a legit website (although IGN is gaming oriented primarily, right?)

Okay. I completely missed that. Usually I pick it out immediately but this time around didn't even notice.How about the pizza planet truck?

it better not be in there--unless they remodeled it into a pizza planet cart or something

Ah makes sense. Yeah, the whole time I thought, what's the best way for them to put the PP truck in without "cheating" and just hiding it because having one be so obvious would make no sense. A wood carving makes sense.

Monsters University = Hercules ($99m)The Good Dinosaur = Mulan ($121m)Inside the Mind = Tarzan ($171m)Dia de los Muertos = Atlantis ($84m)Apparently Inside the Mind will be the highest grossing film on their slate. And Dia de los Muertos is doomed.

Nice logic!TGD over MU would be quite surprising.Dia could be big overseas.God, i almost forgot how bad did Atlantis.i remember all these teaser posters, the participation of MikeMignola to shake up the "Disney Style"...Atlantis: bigshame in front of Shrek, that summer...

Well, what are the chances really that MU ends with rave reviews? I can see it with positive but not transcending reviews next year, which will make the slump official.

THIS IS ALL CARS 2's FAULT (yes!)

Any hope of a "ToyStory2" situation?

Just a thought i had.If you take the "opposite" to Pixar movies titles, you get a list with some depressing/dark titles... lol- ToyStory / ToyChaos- A Bug's Life / A Bug's Death- ToyStory 2 / ToyChaos 2- Monsters Inc / Models Inc- Finding Nemo / Losing Nemo- The Incredibles / The Borings- Cars / Crash- Ratatouille / RatCake- Wall-E / Coff-EEN- Up / Down- ToyStory3 / ToyChaos3- Cars2 / Crash2- Brave / Fearful- Monsters University / Models University- The Good Dinosaur / The Bad Dinosaur...

If the Dia de los Muertos name doesn't changed, yeah, it is doomed.

I'd be more worried about Guillermo del Toro's movie with Reel FX also based on the Day of the Dead than I would be about the title. When is this supposed to be released? Del Toro's is in 2014. I'd hate another Newt situation here. Edited by whoot

I'd be more worried about Guillermo del Toro's movie with Reel FX also based on the Day of the Dead than I would be about the title. When is this supposed to be released? Del Toro's is in 2014. I'd hate another Newt situation here.

Dreamworks already has something else planned for fall 2014, though. And I think Unkrich has enough clout now to say "I'm getting this made, dammit" Edited by tribefan695

Yeah, I didn't realize until it was too late that Unkrich's movie is in 2015, not 2014.Is del Toro's project aimed at kids? If not then it wouldn't really matter. My point still stands about Unkrich having the clout Rydstrom didn't have.

Edited by tribefan695