XXR vs XXR

Biggest Box Office Dream of 2019

I wanted to create a thread to ask everyone, what is your biggest box office dream of 2019. Any numbers you want to see from any particular movie? Any hope you have that may not be likely? I'll list my top 5 to start us off....

1. The Lion King outgrosses Titanic worldwide 
2. Star Wars: Episode 9 over $700m domestic.
3. Artemis Fowl doesn't bomb. I don't need huge numbers, but I was a big fan of the series in my youth and would like to see it succeed ($500m worldwide.)

4. Disney goes over $10 billion worldwide and $4 billion domestic. 

5. 'Joker' is the highest grossing film of October. 

• Like 4

My dream is a 130M OW and a 300M+ DOM total for Godzilla 2 and another 700M OS for that damn 1 Billion mark. I would be so fucking over the moon if that happens.

Also, id love to see Star Wars becoming the DOM champion again with 700M+ DOM, since i dont think either Endgame nor Lion King will reach that mark.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

As a big kaiju fan, my ultimate pipe dream is for Godzilla 2 to gross over $1 billion WW. Realistically, I'd settle for $700-800 million WW. 

Would definitely like to see this. Godzilla: KOTM is my #4 most anticipated for the rest of the year. I think $700m is a good number to hit, but if the kaiju battles are really banging, I can see it doing well in many Asian countries. It would need at least $250m in China for a shot at a billion, I imagine. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

My dream is a 130M OW and a 300M+ DOM total for Godzilla 2 and another 700M OS for that damn 1 Billion mark. I would be so fucking over the moon if that happens.

Also, id love to see Star Wars becoming the DOM champion again with 700M+ DOM, since i dont think either Endgame nor Lion King will reach that mark.

While I do believe TLK can hit that mark, I'd love for Ep.9 to beat it (slightly, not too much :P) and be the domestic champ. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

While I do believe TLK can hit that mark, I'd love for Ep.9 to beat it (slightly, not too much :P) and be the domestic champ. 

Lion King is a big ? in terms of how high it could go for me. The potential numbers are enormous, but audience reception will be extremely important here, even more than for BatB so i think.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Lion King is a big ? in terms of how high it could go for me. The potential numbers are enormous, but audience reception will be extremely important here, even more than for BatB so i think.

Yea I mean, it has to connect emotionally and hit that zeitgeist. Given that Favreau is directing it, I have a lot of faith in the adaptation. I think if it's just decent, it'll do $500m (the name and nostalgia alone can carry it to BATB numbers.)

But if it's....magic....like the first

TFA or bust. 

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Gotta be Endgame over Avatar.     

Secondary dreams: FFH over Civil War, Frozen 2 over JW

I can see Frozen 2 over JW being the most possible. Then FFH over Civil War (hopefully Spider-Man gets the Endgame bull.)

As for Endgame over Avatar....well....

:kitschjob:

Detective Pikachu over Jurassic World worldwide

I agree about Godzilla over a billion

Either Aladdin or Lion King under the original domestically (just to see the reactions)

Edited by dakus

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I can see Frozen 2 over JW being the most possible. Then FFH over Civil War (hopefully Spider-Man gets the Endgame bull.)

As for Endgame over Avatar....well....

:kitschjob:

You musn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.       

Over 2.5 is the more realistic but still quite out there dream.