Eric S'ennui

US WEEKEND THREAD: Record 70.25 OW (highest grossing OW for an original horror)

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I think he hated it lol.  Easily my favorite movie of last year for me though.

Actually reacted similarly to both. Liked each but didn't love either. They share something small that one of the two had a lot more fun with which I won't elaborate any further on... That's for the other thread.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Us will not make much money in my country (South East Asia) it seems. People are yawning and looking bored during the film. It has too much of American politics which is not matter much here.

Exactly, the people around me are  underwhelmed by the film, I don't think the film has much international appeal

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Us will not make much money in my country (South East Asia) it seems. People are yawning and looking bored during the film. It has too much of American politics which is not matter much here.

There are barely any politics in Us. It's just a fun (albeit messy) thriller. And if you really think about it, sure, there's some muddled social statement in there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This doesn't seem very impressive. How many markets left? Can it even do 100M OS?

Get Out didn't even make $80M overseas. Shouldn't be surprising this is looking to be very U.S.-centric as well.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

Us has one of the better scripts (as in, purely from a craftmanship aspect, not going into whether the story itself is compelling or not) I have ever seen in a horror movie. The way it sets things up and reuses them later, hides details, etc... is amazing. I really want to watch it again because I feel there's barely a wasted moment. Even what feels like throwaway stuff becomes key later on.

I'm in love with it. Happy that it's making so much money, we need more successful original films.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1