Ms Lady Hawk

Monday numbers: Dumbo- 2.88 Us- 2.69 CM - 1.66

10 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

You...you are aware that this is a kids movie, right?

Yeah, I actually had originally "... its target demographic is so young that it could struggle on weekdays," in the middle, but ended up editing it out. I guess I probably shouldn't have, but it still seems worse than other Disney live-action remakes. Cinderella and BatB (both march releases) each fell low 70s, like CM did, and after a relatively disappointing weekend, it kind of felt like Dumbo needed something like that.

Edited by Djsoke

2 minutes ago, Djsoke said:

Yeah, I actually had originally "... its target demographic is so young that it could struggle on weekdays," in the middle, but ended up editing it out. I guess I probably shouldn't have, but it still seems worse than other Disney live-action remakes. Cinderella and BatB (both march releases) each fell low 70s, like CM did, and after a relatively disappointing weekend, it kind of felt like Dumbo needed something like that.

Those movies had their first Mondays during the peak time of Spring Break. Dumbo not so much.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 2:25 PM, langer said:

You guys have tunnel vision.  Look over to the original Hunger Games comparison which was released in March and offer a better day by day comparison. 

CM is 17M$ ahead of HG, a lead it has maintained for the last 14 days on average.  It is also keeping this pace over the last 5 comparable days.   

At this point in its run,  Hunger Games was about to hit "summer" days (May) in two weeks with 40M$ left in the tank after that.  Memorial day was  43 days away and it gained 12M$ after that holiday.  Granted, Hunger Games developed some pretty good late legs with 30% and 26% drops over the next two weekends.  

Captain Marvel will face a soft direct competitor this weekend with Shazam, will benefit from an Easter boost in less than three weeks and will be affected (positively or negatively) by Endgame in 23 days at which point it should be around 395M$-405M$ and still doing 5-8M$ per week if it's keeping with the original Hunger Games patterns (as it has been for the last 2 weeks)

If it keeps that 17M$ lead throughout its run, it will finish at 425M$.  

@tawasal @Thanos Legion @Brainbug

Just an update guys.  CM's lead over HG has shrunk from 17M$ to 14,5M$.  It did not match the extremely good drops of HG's w-e # 5 & 6, but it did very well with 39% and 31%.  HG's 7th W-E was a 48% drop, so I believe CM can keep its 14M$ lead over the next 7-10 days.  Still not enough to match HG:CF at 424M$, but chances are very high it will end up above 420M$ considering the next two weekends it won't have competition from major openers and Endgame effect might even give it a push before it opens.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, langer said:

Just an update guys.  CM's lead over HG has shrunk from 17M$ to 14,5M$.  It did not match the extremely good drops of HG's w-e # 5 & 6, but it did very well with 39% and 31%.  HG's 7th W-E was a 48% drop, so I believe CM can keep its 14M$ lead over the next 7-10 days.  Still not enough to match HG:CF at 424M$, but chances are very high it will end up above 420M$ considering the next two weekends it won't have competition from major openers and Endgame effect might even give it a push before it opens.  

It definetly performed way closer to Catching Fire than i expected. Its weekdays were and are quite strong.

Plus, theres the Endgame effect which is of course impossible to clearly judge how much it actually impacts the numbers, but it certainly helps.

42 minutes ago, langer said:

I am sure it will have better weekdays that will restore some of the numbers it lost to HG and it will probably do 6m next weekend which is better than the 5,5m HG did.