Eric Duncan

The Eyes of Tammy Faye l Sep 24 2021 | Fox Searchlight l Jessica Chastain, Andrew Garfield

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jessica-chastain-andrew-garfield-tammy-faye-fox-searchlight-1203210367/

Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield are on board to star in the Fox Searchlight biopic “The Eyes of Tammy Faye” with “The Big Sick” director Michael Showalter on board to helm.

Based on the documentary “The Eyes of Tammy Faye,” directed by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato from World of Wonder, the film tells the extraordinary and outlandish rise, fall and redemption of televangelists Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, played by Garfield and Chastain. In the 1970s and ’80s, Tammy Faye and Jim rose from humble beginnings to create the world’s largest religious broadcasting network and a theme park, and were revered for their message of love, acceptance and prosperity. Tammy Faye was legendary for her indelible eyelashes, her idiosyncratic singing, and her eagerness to embrace people from all walks of life. However, it wasn’t long before financial improprieties, scheming rivals, and sexual scandal tore their marriage apart and toppled their carefully constructed empire.

• Like 2

LOL, they are downplaying Chastain's makeup, Tammy Faye was truly something.

The movie seems to be painting Tammy Faye as largely an innocent in everything and I wonder if that's going to hold up to current day scrutiny. Looking at Twitter, there is anger that Hollywood is making a movie about the Bakkers at all, even if it ends up depicting them negatively. This one is going to have to deal with a lot of thinkpieces, I suspect...

• Like 1

Like... I'm here for the aesthetics of this, but I'm super suspicious of them trying to make her out to be some hero.  She was a nut.  Play her as a nut. 

tumblr_inline_p5cusjMPpA1rdij66_500.gifv

• Like 1