sfran43

Thursday Numbers EG: 7.5M per DL

Still the Anthony and Joe Russo Brothers-directed feature made $7.5M last night, the best for all films in regular release, putting its two week running total at $660.4M.

Per Deadline 

Deadline is saying 7.5m for Endgame.

I would say 16.5m Friday and 65m weekend. Impact will be on saturday increase bcos Pikachu will have day time PLF shows in most markets.

But it will comfortably win the weekend as I dont see PIkachu grossing more than 50m as it will show frontloading with previews started so early and Pokemon fans would frontload the weekend.

for the additinal previews (yeh I know weekend but I actually like tht they now add those here too, to see hown much they might or  not impact the others)

green font = estimates, black font = finals

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/05/09

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
Previews Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Warner Bros. $5,700,000         $5,700,000  
Previews The Hustle MGM $774,000         $774,000  

- (3) The Intruder Sony Pictures $685,000 -2% 2,222 $308   $14,374,834 7
- (6) The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. $225,000 -25% 2,540 $89   $49,609,508 21
Previews Poms STX Entertainment $225,000   2,000 $113   $225,000  
- (8) Shazam! Warner Bros. $135,000 -35% 2,521 $54   $136,080,638 35
- (-) High Life A24 $12,997 +4% 98 $133   $1,134,310 35
- (-) Gloria Bell A24 $2,568 -7% 33 $78   $5,585,189 63
Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

This will be the last day Disney will be releasing daily tracking numbers early in the morning, but they picked a good day to end on. Avengers: Endgame pulled in $7.5 million on Thursday, pushing its running tally to $660.4 million and this allowed the film to pull ahead of Titanic on the all-time domestic chart. It will continue to climb that chart and should earn first place on the M.C.U. early in the weekend.

Internationally, Avengers: Endgame added $17.6 million on Thursday for totals of $1.67 billion internationallyand $2.33 billion worldwide. The film is still nearly $400 million behind Avatar on both of those charts, but assuming it holds well this weekend, it will be able to close that gap before too long.

Looking in at individual markets, we again see China as the biggest market for Avengers: Endgame with $3.1 million for the day and $592.1 million so far. Brazil had the second best daily total with $1.5 million lifting its running tally to $64.9 million. It also earned $1.0 million in both the U.K. for a total of $98.8 million and in Russia for a total of $38.8 million. Avengers: Endgame will hit a lot of major milestones in individual markets over the weekend, so keep reading to stay up to date.

https://www.the-numbers.com/news/238940830-Daily-Box-Office-Tracking-Endgame-Sinks-the-Titanic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Disney is the last one to release numbers. So that would suck. Thankfully we have multiple sources providing update from com score. So we should get some numbers.

Lionsgate is usually the last one

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Lionsgate is usually the last one

Do we care about LG movies. Of course JW 3 is coming up. But they have few movies every year that are anticipated. Disney on the other hand I dont understand why they are so late.

I know we get usual joke about they have so much to “count” but every studio gets update from com score and reconcile with few theaters reporting outside com score. No reason to be so late.

I'm still trying to figure out how Deadline is est 80-85 this weekend for AE off of a 7.5M Thursday. 

Pro.boxoffice is projecting 70.7 and BOM 73

Those look alot more likely and they may be a little high unless AE really jumps on Friday.

By next week AE could be making weekday numbers pretty similar to IW same week.

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Do we care about LG movies. Of course JW 3 is coming up. But they have few movies every year that are anticipated. Disney on the other hand I dont understand why they are so late.

I know we get usual joke about they have so much to “count” but every studio gets update from com score and reconcile with few theaters reporting outside com score. No reason to be so late.

It depends where the department for that has its location. Not all work at the headquarters.

Lionsgate has again and again movies in the top 10 and is as such the main reason the daily's final version gets released later by the-numbers.com.

BoxOfficeMojo.com waits for even smaller distributors.

Lionsgate recent and future releases of 2019 has a few known titles included, might even increase their market share a bit

April, 2019

April 19 Fast Color (Limited) Thriller/Suspense $70,498 Play

May, 2019

May 3 Long Shot (Wide) Romantic Comedy $12,811,861 Play

May 17 John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum (Wide) Action   Play
  John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum (IMAX) Action   Play

June, 2019

June 21 Anna (Wide) Action   Play

August, 2019

August 23 Angel Has Fallen (Wide) Action    

August 30 Angel of Mine (Limited) Drama    
  My Boyfriend’s Meds (Limited) Romantic Comedy    

September, 2019

September 20 Rambo: Last Blood (Wide) Action    

October, 2019

October 31 3 From Hell (Limited) Horror    

November, 2019

November 8 Midway (Wide) Drama    

November 27 Knives Out (Wide) Drama    

December, 2019

December 13 Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon (Limited) Adventure    

December 20 Untitled Charles Randolph Film (Wide)      

Ticket Sales and Market Share by Year

Note: Figures for 2019 are at an annualized rate.
  • Like 1

About the IMAX screens staying with Avengers EG till...

seems to be a bit earlier?

It’s your last chance to do whatever it takes to experience in a wider color spectrum, custom-designed IMAX sound mix and up to 26% more picture on larger screens. IMAX seats are limited – in a snap, they’ll be gone forever.

JW3 is taking like 20% of screens. Aladdin will be full release. But you never know individual Plexes could still share iMax with Endgame based on demand. Zilla is next on iMax. I could see Disney trying to get back iMax late in summer for final push towards some milestone( 900m Dom?).