90% full

Pacific Rim: Uprising 

Jumanji (lots of laughter)

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Justice League

The New Mutants 

Black Panther (few murmurs)

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

The audience are this up. Lots of laughter. People stayed for the post credits scene, with everyone staying for the mid credit scene.

• Like 1

Thor: Ragnarok

1:30 PM

75% Full

Preshow Chatter:

The guys behind me were like "I had no idea he was Heimdall until someone told me." "What, really?" "Yeah!"

Trailers

Black Panther #2 - Audience interest. Someone me whooped at the end. (The Guy: "The MUSIC!")
The Last Jedi #2 (The Guy: "This SHIT.")

Pacific Rim: Uprising - A general positive reception from the audience. (The Guy:"Huh. I'll watch that!")

Justice League: Loud laughs at Aquaman

The Death Cure: No reactions
Downsizing: Surprisingly nothing.

Jumanji: Big laughs when Kevin Hart exploded.

It was a fairly engaged audience. The same dude kept whooping every time Thor or Hulk fought someone.

Spoiler

When Hulk got out of his bath and Thor went "Oh...completely naked.", he went "Green dick!" and I laughed harder than at the joke on screen.

Edited by Morieris
Forgot JL & Death Cure

Thor: Ragnarok IMAX

November 5, 12:20 PM, 35% full in a 330 seat auditorium

Regal Pointe Orlando

Trailers

Alpha: Murmurs, but not the good kind!

Pacific Rim: Uprising: No reactions

Justice League: Murmurs

The New Mutants: Murmurs

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: No reactions

Black Panther: No reactions

The audience was pretty into it. All but 3 people stayed for the midcredits scene and most stayed for the post credits one

A Bad Moms Christmas

November 5, 5:10 PM, 10% full

Regal Hunt Valley Stadium 12, Hunt Valley, MD

Trailers:

Coco featurette

Acrimony

Daddy's Home 2 (laughs)

Blockers (laughs)

Father Figures (laughs)

The Greatest Showman

Den of Thieves

Molly's Game

Lot of laughs throughout the movie.

Thor: Ragnarok

November 5, 6:15 PM, 100% full

Cobb Village 12 Cinemas, Leesburg, VA

Trailers

Justice League - laughs

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Pacific Rim: Uprising

Wonder

Roman J Israel, Esq. - laughs

Black Panther - excited murmurs

Audience loved it. Laughs throughout the whole thing. There was a point where the whole audience laughed for 30 seconds straight. Applause at the end. Good time.

• Like 1

Thor: Ragnarok 3D

November 6, 6:00 PM, 95% full

AMC Starplex Loudoun 11, VA

Trailers

Den of Thieves: A person behind me was singing along with the song in the trailer.

Downsizing: Some chuckles here and there.

Roman J. Israel, Esq.: Chuckles at one part of the trailer. People mentioning Denzel Washington.

The New Mutants: Murmurs, a kid said "that looks scary"

12 Strong: The True Declassified Story of the Horse Soldiers: "Hey look it's Thor"

Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D: Murmurs, a father next to me whispered to his son "this is transformers if it didn't suck"

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 3D: Excited murmurs.

Black Panther 3D: Murmurs.

The audience laughed a lot.

• Like 1

Let There Be Light

November 5th, 1:50 PM, 30-40% full

AMC Wilmington 16, NC

Unfortunately, me and my father got there late and missed the previews.

But the film was a real crowdpleaser. I heard laughter, crying, sniffles, murmurs.

I want to say that this film made my father the happiest that I've seen him in a very long time.

If you see this film, look forward to two things: the artistic and well-done"tunnel of light" scene, and a pastor who was formerly a mafia member- he's the guy that stole the show in my father's eyes.

Loving Vincent

November 8, 8 PM, 35% full

Trailers:

Spirited Away

Orient Express

Darkest Hour- Laughs at the "Don't interrupt me while I'm interrupting you" part

A few groups were talking to themselves at points, but nothing too bad. Almost everyone clapped at the end, and I overheard people saying they really liked and/or loved it. Sadly, I wasn't really one of them.

Suburbicon

November 9, 2:05 PM, 20% full in a 60 seat auditorium
AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built: Murmurs

Phantom Thread: No reactions

Roman J. Israel, Esq.: Light chuckles

Father Figures: Laughs

Daddy's Home 2: Light chuckles

Downsizing: No reactions

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Red band): Chuckles

There were chuckles at points, and the audience got pretty loud in the third act repeating basically anything that was on screen. So y'know, a typical audience of seniors in my area.

Murder on the Orient Express

November 10, 3:45PM, 90% full in 150 seat auditorium

Trailers:

Darkest Hour

Molly's Game

Downsizing

All the Money in the World (with the big last-30-seconds Spacey reveal and all)

The Post

Tomb Raider

Red Sparrow

Audience seemed to like the movie, following all the twists and turns. I was lukewarm on it—it's a pretty film, but it's awfully workmanlike in how it barrels through the plot, and seems much happier when it can just relish in its own prettiness and flourishes.

November 12, 3:30 PM, 30% full

Regal Fox Stadium 16 & IMAX, VA

I arrived late and only saw one trailer: Hostiles

Laughs at appropriate moments. My dad who hasn't seen the original predicted the ending and got it right :sparta:

Edited by afalconer7
  • Like 1

November 12, 4:30 PM, 95% full

Cinemark Towson and XD, Towson, MD

Trailers:

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story of the Horse Soldiers

The Commuter (murmurs, someone laughed at the title reveal)

Darkest Hour

Fifty Shades Freed (murmurs)

Roman J. Israel, Esq.

A Wrinkle in Time (murmurs)

Red Sparrow

The Post

Some laughs throughout the movie at appropriate moments.  Not much else.

Daddy's Home 2

November 15, 5:00 PM, 1% full (just me)

Trailers (arrived late):

Just Getting Started

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (picture quality was messed up for just this trailer)

Pitch Perfect 3

Game Night (I laughed to myself)

Ferdinand (I cringed)

Sherlock Gnomes (I cringed even more)

Downsizing (I stopped cringing)

I laughed throughout the movie.  Enjoyable time.

• Like 2

November 15, 5:00 PM, 10% full in a 113 seat auditorium

AMC Lake Square 12

Trailers

A Wrinkle in Time: No reactions

The Commuter: Murmurs

Downsizing: Laughs

Fifty Shades Freed: An old guy said "I want to see that!" and made his group laugh

Roman J. Israel, Esq.: Murmurs

12 Strong: Several "Is this a true story?"s

The Greatest Showman: Murmurs

The Post: No reactions

There were a few chuckles and a whisper now and then, otherwise it was a very silent audience 

• Like 2

Storytime:

So tonight I went to a 7:15 showing of Thor: Ragnarok at my local Movie Tavern. I got there about 15 minutes before the show, and the thing that's cool about the Movie Tavern chain is how you can actually order meals, like burgers and pizza. My seat was right in between two couples, in the biggest seating area, with it being about 15% filled. The waiter came and took our orders, and after I asked for my food and gave him my debit card, he went right on over to the couple to the right of me. They ordered their food, but as the waiter was giving back the man's debit card, one of their hands slipped, and the card fell into the recliner. Not under the cushion, but directly in the gap between the piece of wood that kept the chair stationary, and the recliner itself. Lodged right in there, and being incredibly hard to find, and with the previews about to start, the couple were forced to live with it, and I believe the waiter said he'll talk to the manager and get them both to help the couple in dire need.

The previews start, with trailers for Pacific Rim 2, Downsizing, Jumanji (both got a decent amount of chuckles from the small crowd), Star Wars 8, and Black Panther (that one got a couple of murmurs too). The movie starts, and the people I was with had a great time. A lot of laughs throughout, with one big one at the climax, and the couple sitting next to me pretty much giggled throughout, particularly whenever Goldblum was on screen.

After the post-credits scene, the right couple, the waiter, the left couple, and I all had to work together to fetch the man's debit card. For about 10 minutes, we tried our best to get it out. We tried to search for the card and where it landed, which was hard as it was only able to seen at specific angles, and when we did, the man from the left couple used a plastic knife he got from his meal to dig for it, to little avail, all the while I had the flashlight from my phone set below the recliner to get a better look at the problem. Thankfully, the manager came, used one of the menus to fish the card out of the gap, and slowly but surely, the man from the right couple got his card back, we all had a good laugh about it, and I went home.

Oh, and if you're wondering what I thought of the movie, 'twas a blast. Very enjoyable, stellar performances, every actor and actress was fine as h*ck, yadda yadda yadda, go see it.

• Like 7

Not sure how many were at my 9:45am showing of JL, probably was about 10-15% full, but wow there were probably 50+ kids in the lobby to see Wonder. In the parking lot there were 4 school buses. Trailers in front of JL were Rampage, A Quiet Place, Pitch Perfect 3

• Like 1

Justice League

November 18, 11:00 AM, 25% full

Trailers:

Coco featurette

Samson (murmurs)

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (murmurs)

A Quiet Place (lot of interested murmurs during the trailer)

Black Panther

Pitch Perfect 3

The Greatest Showman

Rampage (murmurs)

Ready Player One (murmurs)

Laughs and such throughout the movie.  One person clapped at the end for some reason.

Justice League

November 18, 7:25 PM, 60% full in a 230 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers

Tomb Raider: No reactions
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Laughs

Ready Player One: No reactions

The Untitled Deadpool Sequel: Laughs

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Murmurs

There were laughs at some of the jokes, otherwise the audience was pretty silent. A lot seemed to like it on the way out. About a third of the theater had already left by the time the mid-credits scene started, and those who were on their way out when it started left after it was over. Only about 30-40 people stayed for the post-credits scene.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Justice League

November 18, 7:25 PM, 60% full in a 230 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers

Tomb Raider: No reactions
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Laughs

Ready Player One: No reactions

The Untitled Deadpool Sequel: Laughs

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Murmurs

There were laughs at some of the jokes, otherwise the audience was pretty silent. A lot seemed to like it on the way out. About a third of the theater had already left by the time the mid-credits scene started, and those who were on their way out when it started left after it was over. Only about 30-40 people stayed for the post-credits scene.

I googled Barnstorm Theater because it's a weird name for a theater, and then I realized it's literally INSIDE A BARN :winomg: 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1