55-60% Full

Trailers:

Fly me to the Moon

Kinds of Kindness

Twisters

The Fabulous Four

Treasure

Furiosa

At least 5 people walked out in the first 10 minutes. Probably saw another 5 walk out over the rest of the movie. Some laughs at a couple points.

Furiosa

5/24 3:15 PM Dolby Atmos

About 20 people.

Trailers:

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

MaXXXine (Red Band Trailer)

Alien Romulus

Joker 2

No reactions.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

In a Violent Nature

5/31 1PM

6 people.

Trailers:

Kinds of Kindness

The Crow

The Exorcism

Oddity

Deadpool and Wolverine

Not really much of a reaction from anything. I saw at least two people on their phones multiple times. One person walked out during the saw blade scene and another person walked out during the last 10 minutes. Didn't seem like my theater was that into it.

Edited by Anarchoreneage

Evil Does Not Exist

6/2 2:45 PM

~12 people

Trailers:

I Saw The TV Glow

Thelma

Might be more trailers since I got there late, but those were the two I saw.

A couple sniffles at the ending, a woman wanted an explanation for the final shot. I liked it. Very naturalistic.

Run Lola Run (rerelease)

7:45 PM 6/9

7 people including myself

Trailers:

Thelma

Kinds of Kindness

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (teaser)

I know I reacted well to the action scenes. (Whooshing) Very stylish film. Can see why the wachowskis were fans.

No one else seemed to react though.

Before trailers there was a play called Nye that was advertised that got a bit of chatter as part of National Theater program.

Inside Out 2 

Regal Mall of Georgia IMAX

1:20pm IMAX show June 17

15 people in attendance.

Some chattering, discussing what the logic and metaphors of the movie meant. Also heard someone respond to something that was amusing but a slight spoiler if I describe it. Maybe some laughs too

The Bikeriders 

Saturday, June 22 945pm

Like 20 people. Mostly older folks

Trailers:

Kinds of Kindness "That should be out? Maybe well get it next week"
It ends with us "Looks like a lifetime movie or something"
National anthem
Horizon
Twisters
A Quiet Place
Didi
Nosferatu

Some chuckles. Gasps when a character is shot dead. 

Heard an older couple at the end say "Did you notice Tom Hardy was 3rd in the credits?"

Kinds of Kindness

6/27 3PM

15 People.

Trailers:

Transformers One
Blink Twice

Joker 2

Despicable Me 4

A Real Pain 

Deadpool and Wolverine

Alien Romulus

So the theater actually played Planet of the Apes by mistake and it took them a couple minutes to stop it and then another 10 to start the right movie. One guy was complaining that they better not show trailers again since the movie is already almost 3 hours. Once the actual movie started, it was just really light chuckling scattered throughout, not really any real laughs. 4 people walked out. 1 person about 45 minutes in, two women after the first segment, and another during a gory moment in the second segment. Seemed like the longer it went on the more antsy the audience started to get. When it was over the theater management and several employees were waiting at the door saying "We hope you enjoyed that movie" so I'm assuming they were aware of the kind of movies Yorgos does.

Horizon: An America Saga Chapter 1

6/28 11 AM

11 People.

Trailers:

Transformers One

Twisters

Flight Risk

Deadpool and Wolverine

Trap 

Bettlejuice Beetlejuice

Deadpool and Wolverine (Red band trailer, this was more of a cell phone psa, but it had a mpaa band so I'm counting it)

Two couples would whisper throughout the movie occasionally. The guy a few seats down said to his wife "Is it almost over" during the last half hour. Almost everyone stayed at the end to see if there would be a post credits scene.

Horizon: An America Saga Chapter 1

6/28 11 AM

11 People.

Trailers:

Transformers One

Twisters

Flight Risk

Deadpool and Wolverine

Trap 

Bettlejuice Beetlejuice

Deadpool and Wolverine (Red band trailer, this was more of a cell phone psa, but it had a mpaa band so I'm counting it)

Two couples would whisper throughout the movie occasionally. The guy a few seats down said to his wife "Is it almost over" during the last half hour. Almost everyone stayed at the end to see if there would be a post credits scene.

Posted (edited)

A Quiet Place: Day One

So this is an odd stadium, because it's so close to the lobby, you can hear the loud pop music. They...could have put this showing somewhere else.

• Speak No Evil
  • Smile 2
  • Transformers One of all things
  • Blink Twice
  • something where I literally walked out the stadium and saw a digital poster for it and went "Oh yeah, don't forget that one!"
  • It may have been that Halle Berry house rope movie
  • Or it may have been Joker 2 which I just remembered

A few people moved a bit, there was a bit of laughter at appropriate moments and some people jumped at points. Everyone sat there for a few seconds afterward and then moved on.

Edited by Morieris

Kill 

7/7 1:15 PM

13 people.

Trailers:

Cuckoo

Twisters

Trap

The Crow

City of Dreams

Deadpool and Wolverine (Red band trailer)

Audience sucked. We had two different groups of people who would talk out loud throughout the movie even being told to be quiet. Some guy snuck in a bunch of food and would shuffle through his bag loudly. The more bloodier/violent kills got reactions and somebody yelled "FUCK" at one of them. Seemed like everyone enjoyed it.

Princess Mononoke (subs)

About 10 people, including a guy and some early 20s kids who were talking about modern animation so loudly across the other side of the theater, I literally answered their question when they asked and they invited me to join them.

Unlike Godzilla Minus 1 and Spirited Away, they started playing it in widescreen so half the captions were cut off until we let them know. I'm glad teenagers have jobs but movie theater running is so automated, "that's how it came to us, so we have to find a manager to fix it, and if it's like that for the entire movie, you may get a refund." like ...huh.

I get why, because if you literally only play it once, you're not really testing it when you have 2 other big ticket movies out.

It got fixed pretty quickly, I really enjoyed it as someone who has never seen it before.

Edited by Morieris
  • Sad 1

MaXXXine

7/17 6:40 PM

5 people. All who were teenage girls excluding me.

Trailers:

Speak No Evil

Blink Twice

Deadpool & Wolverine

Trap

Heretic

The Front Room

Two girls were talking throughout a lot of the movie. First kill got the most reaction from people.

Longlegs 

Saturday July 21 7pm

90% packed

Trailers

Alien Romulus

Trap

Speak No Evil

Smile 2

Anora

Cuckoo

Movie rocked. Lots of ooohing and all that. I felt collectively the theater walked out in a similar state of "holy shit lol"

Edited by Pinacolada

Longlegs

Independent Theater

7:45 PM

Sunday July 21

Trailers:

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

Joker: Foile a Deux

Kneecaps

5 people including me showed up. Not much of a reaction from the crowd except for a yelp in a setup scene at the beginning that involves a loud noise. I thought it was good, but not worth running to the theater to see.

Edited by Chrichton77
more details