Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Does anyone post crowd reports from the southeast or northeast regions of the U.S.?

I live in Boston and post the majority of my reports from theaters in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Reading. I'm originally from South Florida and will usually see at least one film when I go home, so you can expect possibly two crowd reports from the southeast when I'm there later this week to see The Hangover Part 3 and maybe Fast & Furious 6. I was just on vacation in LA, which is why my most recent report for Star Trek Into Darkness was from the Arclight Hollywood Cinerama Dome (LOVE that theater).

Edited by Andy Stitzer 2

I live in Boston and post the majority of my reports from theaters in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Reading. I'm originally from South Florida and will usually see at least one film when I go home, so you can expect possibly two crowd reports from the southeast when I'm there later this week to see Fast & Furious 6 and maybe The Hangover Part 3. I was just on vacation in LA, which is why my most recent report for Star Trek Into Darkness was from the Arclight Hollywood Cinerama Dome (LOVE that theater).

Fixed. ;)

Edited by Jay Beezy

Does anyone post crowd reports from the southeast or northeast regions of the U.S.?

I can and will but they won't provide much insight. Though, they could provide a laugh or two. The theater five blocks from my place's notoriously empty aside from bargain Monday's. The early shows I caught for Iron Man 3, Gatsby and Trek were essentially empty, especially Trek 2. Then, of course, I caught Oblivion on Monday weeks after release and it was near capacity. It's a beautiful theater too. Not to mention, incredibly convenient. I really hope it stays in business.

Furious 6

8:30 pm  CET  Gdansk

90% full  (teens, students, young adults)

Trailers:

The Purge: No reaction

Star Trek 2: No reaction

Movie:

Perfect entertainment, stupid but very enjoyable. Every joke had nice crowd reaction. Biggest laughs after typical WTF scenes. Action - best in 2013. 

Additional scene and 

Statham

were suprising in good way. Better than any marvel aftercredits.

A-

Edited by dr pawel
  • Like 2

The Hangover Part 3

Regal Ithaca Mall 14

Wednesday 5/22 10:00pm 

$10.50 tickets

62/135 (mostly young people, lots of couples)

Trailers:

Machete Kills - Very good reaction, few people clapped, great way to start the trailers off.

We Are The Millers - Got some good laughs. 

This Is The End - Best Reaction, got lots of laughs.

The Internship - this got some good laughs, surprised they showed the old trailer.

Man Of Steel - At first I didn't know what it was but when I found out it was too late for me to leave the theater to miss this trailer. Anyway got a good reaction, lots of talking after trailer.

The Purge - Lots of good word, lots of people around me saying they want to see this. 

The Worlds End - I wish this trailer was more impressive for the people who didn't know about The World's End, but I will still see it since its Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright. 

Review

Well this was a pretty good movie that was way better then the 2nd film. My crowd seem to really enjoy the movie. Sure Alan is an asshole in this movie, but I still found him pretty funny. Alan and Chow are the two best parts of this movie. I wish they gave John Goodman more stuff to do. The film makes some good references to the first Hangover and most of the jokes work. They actually had to turn the movie off about 5 minutes and start over due to the open captioned turned on. My crowd had a good time with the film. 

Grade: B+

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum

Oblivion

Regal Ithaca Mall 14

Wednesday 5/22 6:25pm

$6.50 (Regal VIP Ticket)

7/135 (Surprisingly this is the same theater that I saw Hangover 3 in that night)

Trailers: (No reaction)

Hangover 3

Elysium

R.I.P.D

Fast 6

Review

Well, what a surprise this movie was. I'm impressed how much I enjoyed this movie. Beautiful visuals, mind blowing twist, and great acting by Tom Cruise. The movie does have a few problems like a romantic subplot that didn't go anywhere and wasn't really needed and a slow first half but this can be overlooked with the great second half of the movie. 

Grade: B+

Double report

Fast and Furious 6

AMC Century City, 5/24, 1:05pm, 80% full

$15.00

Trailers:

White House Down (the guy sitting next to me went "Didn't we already see this movie?", no reaction apart from that)

The Wolverine - No reaction

Riddick - No reaction

Review:

This was a highly entertaining movie and the audience was involved throughout. In fact, during the London chase scene, at one point during a quick cut to an oncoming vehicle someone in the audience screamed "No." leading to a lot of laughter. The stunts are downright outlandish, the people next to me must have gone "You have got to be kidding me" at least 5 times in the movie. The movie also seemed to have found the world's longest runway to film a scene on since anything short of a 30 mile long runway would have been too short for that scene. A few of the reveals make absolutely no sense if you think about it later but we are willing to forgive them since it is a F&F movie. (Maybe double standards of reviewing - I know that if such stunts or reveals were done in say "Star Trek 2" everyone would have crucified the movie)

Overall, good movie if all you want is a good time at the cinema. The reveal of the villain for Fast 7 got some audience members excited, and I know I will be back to watch it opening weekend.

Epic

AMC Century City, 5/24, 4:35pm, 75% full

Free (Had won tickets through a contest)

Trailers:

Monsters University - A few kids went "I want to watch that"

Despicable Me 2 - Almost every kid in the theater went "Let's go watch that"

Rio 2 - No reaction, I guess the kids in the theater were too young to remember Rio

Walking with Dinosaurs - No reaction

Smurfs 2 - No reaction

Review:

This was much much better than I expected. While it is mightily dumbed down and filled with exposition (for the benefit of a younger audience I assume), it is still pretty entertaining. The final fight is very well choreographed and animated and there are a couple of "Big damn heroes" scenes in there. The best part was that I absolutely could not figure out who voice the characters, which means that the voice work is done well (unlike in Wreck It Ralph, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch should not do voice acting)

Solid entertainment if you can survive the 30 minute exposition filled middle.

I would recommend

Epic

The best part was that I absolutely could not figure out who voice the characters, which means that the voice work is done well (unlike in Wreck It Ralph, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch should not do voice acting)

Sorry, I haven't seen Epic, but are you saying Pitbull and Beyonce are better voice actors than Jane Lynch and Jack McBrayer? :wacko:

• Like 1

Sorry, I haven't seen Epic, but are you saying Pitbull and Beyonce are better voice actors than Jane Lynch and Jack McBrayer? :wacko:

As impossible as it is to believe, I would have to say Yes. I went in to both "Wreck It Ralph" and "Epic" not knowing who are in the voice cast apart from the main characters, In WiR I remember thinking, that is clearly Kenneth the Page and Jane Lynch, I had absolutely no idea who voiced which character in this movie.

The issue may also be that McBrayer and Lynch are so famous that it is impossible not to recognize their voices.

Edited by grim22