Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Ted9:15200 seater/sold outTrailersThe Watch- this looks awful. Hope America is smarter than to let this shit breakoutBourne- cant wait... Looks awesome. Hope Renner kills it. Silver Linings Playbook- JLAW. And she gets to show some comedic chops. I'll see it.Jennifer Garner/jack beanstock- ok, whateverSome romcom I forget but thought it looked decent actuallySavages- LOL, gotta say it looks OK thoughAnchorman- best reaction by far. Audience cheered. 200m+ easilyMovie:Pretty good, lots of laughs. Wahlberg and Kunis were great and McFarlane was good but the shtick started to get old after a while. It was just relentless and got stale at times. Boston setting kept my crowd happy. 7/10

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

The Amazing Spiderman (2D)

Sat. 16:20 show

40% in a 353 seater

Trailers:

Skyfall

RE5

Total Recall

Movie:

Decent movie. The pacing is very slow. While the movie has some really good moments, I felt bored at times. Score is average when it needed to be first rate. The lead actors are fine. Better than SM (2002). But that is not saying much.

B

Edited by jb007

Brave2PMAbout 80% full at a theater that is rarley as crowded.Trailers (all got fantastic reactions):Despicable Me 2: Tons of laughs.The Hobbit: A bunch of "yes!" during the trailers and some nerd went "yay" when Smegol went "My preicious" okay that was me who went yay :lol:Hotel Translvania: Tons and tons of laughs.Wreck it Ralph: Great reaction-looks really funny.Nemo 3D: laughs.Monsters University: Fantastic reaction-looks great.Short film: Not that bad, not the best but still fun and great score.Movie: Very very good. The score was fantastic. The voice acting was good as well. The humor was great as was the adventure. The songs were not that bad either really helped set the mood. Loads and loads of fun. I can see why so many people love this film. To me it did not feel like that big of a pace change as some are saying. The script was well written. Still the music was my favorite part. At times this reminded me of Final Fantasy/Zelda.A+. Pixar's best since TS3 (oh wait :P) Okay it is great and I think this should win a couple of Oscars.The audience LOVED it.

• Like 3

Impact,

I respect you, your very passionate contributions to box office analysis, and your stellar administrative abilities on the box office forums over the years. But with that said, I think you are seriously off your rocker if you think A) Brave was well written; B)Brave deserves a couple Oscars; and C) Brave might be the darkest Pixar film by far.

What exactly did you find "well written" about Brave? I think the story was flaccid. The more I think about it, it was a misguided ripoff of Dreamworks' Shrek and Disney's own Beauty and the Beast. And a week after seeing this, I don't remember a single moment or quote that'll last in my mind for years to come... aside from the old father lifting his skirt that says "Feast yer eyes!", but I really only remember that cause I saw it in the trailer about a dozen times. And that's not the kind of quote you expect to remember from a Pixar film.

"To infinity, and beyond!"

"Just keep swimming."

"Anyone can cook."

"I was hiding under your porch because I love you."

"I don't want to survive. I want to live."

THAT is good writing. Those are the kind of lasting quotes, themes, expressions, and messages that I expect out of a Pixar film; the kind of theme that'll resonate with audiences young and old for the rest of their lives. Pixar has dished out great writing before, and Brave (sadly) missed the mark.

As for deserving a couple Oscars? That remains to be seen. Frankly, I was a bigger fan of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax artistically and will be rooting for that come awards season. And as for Brave being the darkest Pixar film by far? Please... not even close.

Again, Impact, I respect you. I sincerely apologize for this diatribe, but I couldn't resist letting my opinion be shared and up for grabs to any other forum contributors who'd like to comment on the matter.

- Andy Stitzer

Edited by Andy Stitzer
  • Like 1

I just thought it was well written is all. Everyone has there own opinion. I found it darker then any of there others also. Its just how I felt. It was more scarier then there other films.Don't worry I've seen worse attacks like "if you like this film your a idiot" okay....

• Like 1

I just thought it was well written is all. Everyone has there own opinion. I found it darker then any of there others also. Its just how I felt. It was more scarier then there other films.Don't worry I've seen worse attacks like "if you like this film your a idiot" okay....

BTW-Cars and Incredibles to me had more quoteable quotes then Wall E but I don't think either has a better script also ;)
  • Like 1