Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

The Amazing Spider-man 2D

Regal Parkway Stadium 18 and Liemax

1:30 PM, July 3rd

500 seats, 60% full

$9:25 (for a Tuesday matinee, can you believe it?)

Trailers:

[*]Total Recall: Some chatter but it didn't sound like it was about the movie...

[*]The Dark Knight Rises: Lots of SHH!! SHHH!!! And lots of chatter after.

[*]Here Comes the Boom: Some laughs, seems stupid imo.

[*]The Watch: Lots of laughing.

[*]Pitch Perfect: Lots of laughing, especially at one liners from Bridesmaids chick.

[*]The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn 2: Some laughing and chatter. One guy was like "I thought she died!" Wtf? :lol:

Film:

Where to begin? First of all, the film was excellent. I really tried to keep my expectations low when I went to see this, but it turns out I didn't have to. This stands as a great first film and is even better than Spider-man 1 and 2 in some areas.

The cast is spectacular. Andrew Garfield makes one hell of a spider-man. It was like he was made for this role. And don't even get me started on Emma Stone... Her and Andrew have some of the best chemistry I have ever seen in a movie. Totally awkward at times, but that is perfect! This is a high school romance, its supposed to be awkward! Sally Field, Martin Sheen, Rhys Ifans were all excellent as well. Props to Sally Field for making me forget how great Rosemary Harris was at being Aunt May.

The crowd laughed and cheered at all the right parts. At the end, some people clapped! A lot of people stayed behind for the after credits scene but I don't think many people understood it. I sure as hell didn't. I guess that was the only thing I didn't like.

I would definitely recommend this movie to others.

93/100, A-

• Like 2

NEW

The Amazing Spider Man (2 screens, 10 showings)

The Amazing Spider Man: An IMAX 3D Experience (1 screen, 5 showings)

The Amazing Spider Man 3D (2 screens, 10 showings)

Savages (1 screen, 5 showings)

To Rome With Love (1 screen, 6 showings)

Bol Bachaan (1 screen, 4 showings)

HOLDOVERS

Ted (2 screens, 11 showings)

Magic Mike (1 screen, 6 showings)

Brave (1 screen, 6 showings)

Prometheus (1 screen, 5 showings)

SHARED SCREENS

Katy Perry: Part Of Me 2D/3D (1 showing/6 showings)

Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection/The Amazing Spider Man (5 showings/1 showing)

People Like Us/Moonrise Kingdom/Savages (1 showing/5 showings/1 showing)

Brave 3D/Snow White & The Huntsman (5 showings/1 showing)

Brave/Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (1 showings/6 showings)

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted/People Like Us (6 showings/1 showing)

Men In Black III/Marvel's The Avengers (2 showings/4 showings)

LEAVING

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World (2 weeks)

Rock Of Ages (3 weeks)

That's My Boy (3 weeks)

SpidermanCrammed theater, packed.trailers:Total Recall: mild chatter throughout and afterThe Watch: mild laughs through itHere Comes The Boom: mild laughsBourne: some chatter through and after itTwilight: Silence, boos/laughter following it . Random person clappedThe Dark Knight Rises: complete silence through out, thunderous applause following. No joke, never seen it before. Probably like 30-35% of the theater clapped, but it sounded deafening and began as soon as it ended.Movie: clapping at end. Enjoyable thanks to acting and action; rushed all over script wise. Stan Lee's cameo was peeerfect.

SpidermanCrammed theater, packed.trailers:Total Recall: mild chatter throughout and afterThe Watch: mild laughs through itHere Comes The Boom: mild laughsBourne: some chatter through and after itTwilight: Silence, boos/laughter following it . Random person clappedThe Dark Knight Rises: complete silence through out, thunderous applause following. No joke, never seen it before. Probably like 30-35% of the theater clapped, but it sounded deafening and began as soon as it ended.

My theaters are always different, The Watch got non stop laughs and Here Comes The Boom had the second biggest reaction, my crowd was the same with Twilight and Total Recall, but with TDKR, It was extremely mild, you could almost hear pins, I feel like im the only person whos theaters never go insane after TDKR, odd.

I had no idea until I read your post that it was James Horner! How funny is it that the two films I immediately thought of were Titanic and A Beautiful Mind?!

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

You're reviews are very detailed and well written, but it kind of diminishes the "specialness" of a more than perfect, over 100/100 score when you've already given a few out this year. That kind of movie experience should be more rare.

You're reviews are very detailed and well written, but it kind of diminishes the "specialness" of a more than perfect, over 100/100 score when you've already given a few out this year. That kind of movie experience should be more rare.

Well that kind of movie experience would be more rare, except that I watch a lot more movies than the average movie-goer. If my friends and family are any indication (*who, by the way, I share all of my crowd reports with), the average person probably only sees 3-5 movies a year--I see 60 to 80. The reality is that movie-goers have become much more selective about the films they're going to see as A) ticket prices get more expensive, and B] websites like Rotten Tomatoes & Twitter dictate whether the film is even enjoyable to watch.

The way I see it, my crowd reports serve a dual purpose:

1) They enlighten box office observers of a film's playability in front of a real crowd, not a critics circle. Between the crowds' reactions to trailers as well as their reactions throughout a movie, a crowd report enables the B.O. enthusiasts like us to better dictate/predict exactly how well a film can perform in its theatrical run.

2) For the more selective/average people that will only see a handful of movies every year, I think an A or A+ crowd report I've written will be the motivation they need to get their butts into the cinema seats and enjoy a really good movie experience. If there are a few 100+/100 reports out of a total of 50+ to 60+ annually, then I would say those movie experiences are more rare and, thus, all the more special.

Moonrise Kingdom, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, and Titanic 3D were all special, A+ crowd experiences compared to the 30 times I've gone to see films so far this year.

• Like 2

The Amazing Spider-ManCinemais 3D380 seats - 100% full (for the first time in my life)09:45pmTrailerSkyfall: nothingThe Expendables 2: WOW when Chuck Norris appearedThe Movie:TASM would be a better movie without SM1 to compare.The whole origin is poorly made, the second act is entertaining enough and third is good with awesome scenes (like the lab scene with Gwen and The Lizard)B+SM2 A-SM1 B+TASM BSM3 C+

Edited by Goffe Rises

I try not to compare films to each other-for example, something like a low grade comedy getting a better score then Inception does not mean its better then Inception.

• Like 1

Generally speaking, comparing within genres is fine, IMO. But it starts getting hard to offer a pure objective opinion -- did the comedy pull off being funny more than the drama pulled off being dramatic?

Yes that is what I'm refering to.

Generally speaking, comparing within genres is fine, IMO. But it starts getting hard to offer a pure objective opinion -- did the comedy pull off being funny more than the drama pulled off being dramatic?

Good point. Nevertheless I still like to compare everything.

The Amazing Spider-Man in IMAX 3D

Date: 07.06.2012, 00:01AM BR

Theater was sold out, the crowd was insane and there were the classical Spider-Man masked fans creating havoc in the shopping mall. This was my first IMAX 3D film and HOLY FUCK MOTHER OF SPIDER JERUSALEM CHRIST, does it looks brilliant. The Amazing Spider-Man is not only my favorite Spider-Man film ever, but one of the best films of the genre. Expected? Yes. But that's how I feel like, and I'm reporting it. My crowd loved the fuck out of the film too and we kept discussing about the film after it ended. This bad boy is the best that I've seen from Spider-Man, and I have no shame to admit that I've got teareyed more than once, and THAT moment that everyone that have seen so far must've remembered of me, well... DAMN.

Hoping for an amazing box office for this film, it truly deserves it.

The Amazing Spider-Man in IMAX 3D

Date: 07.06.2012, 00:01AM BR

Theater was sold out, the crowd was insane and there were the classical Spider-Man masked fans creating havoc in the shopping mall. This was my first IMAX 3D film and HOLY FUCK MOTHER OF SPIDER JERUSALEM CHRIST, does it looks brilliant. The Amazing Spider-Man is not only my favorite Spider-Man film ever, but one of the best films of the genre. Expected? Yes. But that's how I feel like, and I'm reporting it. My crowd loved the fuck out of the film too and we kept discussing about the film after it ended. This bad boy is the best that I've seen from Spider-Man, and I have no shame to admit that I've got teareyed more than once, and THAT moment that everyone that have seen so far must've remembered of me, well... DAMN.

Hoping for an amazing box office for this film, it truly deserves it.

:rolleyes:
  • Like 1