Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Madagascar 34:20PMAbout 20% fullTrailers:Ice Age 4: Laughs.Despicable Me 2: Tons of laughs.To the Artic: Okay....Hotel Translvania: Tons of laughs, intersting this was a diffrent trailer then I saw yesterday-it was a older trailer.Rise of the Guardians: Tons of laughs.Movie: The BEST Madagascar. This and Ice Age are alike-the sequels keep on getting better. I pretty much figured out the ending (DUH!). The voice cast-impressive. Did not know that was Martin Short or Frances McDormand. The best circus film since um Dumbo? (Okay I said that part on purpose-how many circus films are there ;)) The soundtrack is great-then again the franchise has always been good with that. Mort gave tons of laughs. As did Julian. But I just loved the Sea Lion-he was funny.A-

Hi, First time poster here so please excuse any errorsMovie: TedTheater: AMC Century City 154:10pm, 90-95% seats filledAudience reactions:Just prior to the trailers, there was a "The Dark Knight Rises" tickets on sale spot. The theater which was mocking the "Please turn off your cell phones" announcement was completely silent during the ad.Trailers:Anchorman 2 - Lots of laughsSilver Linings Playbook - Not many seemed interested in the trailer as most people around me kept talking throughoutFor a good time call - Laughs at a lot of jokes, especially Seth Rogen at the end of the trailerThe Watch - Chatter throughoutMovie: The movie was fun. The movie makes jokes at such a rapid pace that if you don't like a joke, there is another coming just 10 seconds away. Mark Wahlberg was good, Mila Kunis was ok, the CGI for Ted is very convincing and the voiceover is done well. The main strength of the movie were the sight gags and the guest stars especially

Ryan Reynolds who steals the show without even uttering a word

Overall, enjoyed the movie, the audience was great and helped the overall experience.8/10

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Madagascar 34:20PMAbout 20% fullTrailers:Ice Age 4: Laughs.Despicable Me 2: Tons of laughs.To the Artic: Okay....Hotel Translvania: Tons of laughs, intersting this was a diffrent trailer then I saw yesterday-it was a older trailer.Rise of the Guardians: Tons of laughs.Movie: The BEST Madagascar. This and Ice Age are alike-the sequels keep on getting better.

Except Ice Age just got worse and worse with the sequels...
  • Like 1

Hi, First time poster here so please excuse any errors

Movie: Ted

Theater: AMC Century City 15

4:10pm, 90-95% seats filled

Audience reactions:

Just prior to the trailers, there was a "The Dark Knight Rises" tickets on sale spot. The theater which was mocking the "Please turn off your cell phones" announcement was completely silent during the ad.

Trailers:

Anchorman 2 - Lots of laughs

Silver Linings Playbook - Not many seemed interested in the trailer as most people around me kept talking throughout

For a good time call - Laughs at a lot of jokes, especially Seth Rogen at the end of the trailer

The Watch - Chatter throughout

Movie: The movie was fun. The movie makes jokes at such a rapid pace that if you don't like a joke, there is another coming just 10 seconds away. Mark Wahlberg was good, Mila Kunis was ok, the CGI for Ted is very convincing and the voiceover is done well. The main strength of the movie were the sight gags and the guest stars especially

Ryan Reynolds who steals the show without even uttering a word

Overall, enjoyed the movie, the audience was great and helped the overall experience.

8/10

Good god I don't like people sometimes. Is it that hard to seperate from your phone for two hours?
  • Like 2

Good god I don't like people sometimes. Is it that hard to seperate from your phone for two hours?

To be fair, i didn't see anyone use their phone during the movie. I guess people just don't like being told that before every movie. Also, the ad they used was a pretty silly one, i think it was a Samsung Galaxy S3 ad masquerading as a "Don't use your phones" announcement.
  • Like 1

To be fair, i didn't see anyone use their phone during the movie. I guess people just don't like being told that before every movie. Also, the ad they used was a pretty silly one, i think it was a Samsung Galaxy S3 ad masquerading as a "Don't use your phones" announcement.

Okay, that is pretty silly.

WOM for Ice Age 4 in Portugal is not very positive. People are saying it is funny but it is the worst of the 4. And probably kids won't like that as much because most of the movie is in the Ocean.

WOM for Ice Age 4 in Portugal is not very positive. People are saying it is funny but it is the worst of the 4. And probably kids won't like that as much because most of the movie is in the Ocean.

Seriously? The third one was fucking horrid. I could barely finish it.
  • Like 1