Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Hey guys, a little question. 

Which cinema is good in central London without being too expensive ? The Leicester Square theaters are good apparently but the prices are really high (especially in week-ends or at night). I don't want to commute too much just for a movie so I prefer a close one but in the West End they all seem expensive (some more than others). I want to see Lego this week-end (it won't be easy in matinees in the week + I want to see it ASAP)

I'm not in London since a long time. I haven't seen a movie in theaters since I'm here except Gravity at the BFI IMAX but in matinee to save money (I wasn't in the UK in December and a big part of January so I've seen all the December movies in France).

Pretty much all cinemas in the West End are expensive. Odeon Kensington is a more average price, or Vue Islington, depending on where you are...

Yes it's really expensive this area. Sadly, it's the only ones that aren't far from my home. I'm next to Waterloo station. Perfect for the BFI (which isn't that expensive) but there isn't Lego. There is a nice SDA trilogy all-nighter btw if someone is interest for the Valentine's Day night (I don't know if many girlfriends would be okay to do that ;) ).  I think I'll need to spend a lot or wait the end of the week-end and find a showing in matinee if I can  :(

The closest I can think of to central London that wouldn't knacker your wallet would likely be Cineworld at the O2 which is about 15 mins on the jubilee line

Oh thank you, yes prices are acceptable there and it's not really far either. I think I'll go there, thanks.

I'm guessing The Monuments Men would appeal to an older audience and it's got a great cast despite the mixed reviews.

Next week looks a bit blah with only The Invisible Woman expanding followed by Non-Stop, The Book Thief and Ride Along the week after.

As I've got half term planning to see Lego, monuments men and RobocopNext week, a New York winters tale is the only saturation new release (and I actually want to see this). The invisible woman is expanding (waiting for DVD) while Stalingrad and only lovers left alive have wide releases

No problem. I've only ever been there once, back when Saw 3D opened, and the only issue I could find was the lack of a dedicate box office. But for cineworld you should always book online as you save 10% with them.

Yeah I book online anyway. It's nice to see it's actually cheaper online. The others chains put a fee in addition to the ticket price, it's already expensive !