Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I hope the Olympics doesn't effect the BO. :unsure:TDKR is right on top of it. Ouch.And there's also the Euro cup.

That affects all Europe. June will be a bloodbath to movies, Prometheus is screwed. And the Olympics are in London right? Movies are fucked. Everything is fucked to be honest :lol:

That affects all Europe. June will be a bloodbath to movies, Prometheus is screwed. And the Olympics are in London right? Movies are fucked. Everything is fucked to be honest :lol:

Yeah. :/ Well, maybe the influx of the 100000000000 tourists could boost the BO? I'm hopefull. :lol:

Hmm..Well it has a very large number of showtimes but the shows themselves haven't been very full so far today. Hard to predict. It seems pre-sales are better for this evening so it should manage maybe £0.75m, and then over £3m for the 5 day. Not amazing, but solid.

Expect it to be higher the 0.75 more likely 0.90

Advance sales for The Avengers are already out and i'm very surprised at how strong they are looking.The IMAX pre-sales are the strongest I've seen by far since DH2. Thursday night is already nearly full up in both IMAX's near me, as is Friday. 2D is also selling well. These pre-sales are fantastic.This is gonna be big. Maybe over £10m OW.

Edited by Heretic

Well it kind of is. For Hollywood and British films that is. But France have lots of local films which really benefit their BO ecomony.

And France sells more movie tickets than the UK (200 million vs. 170 milllion) and they go more often to the movie theatres.

Advance sales for The Avengers are already out and i'm very surprised at how strong they are looking.The IMAX pre-sales are the strongest I've seen by far since DH2. Thursday night is already nearly full up in both IMAX's near me, as is Friday. 2D is also selling well. These pre-sales are fantastic.This is gonna be big. Maybe over £10m OW.

What will be the final total with that OW?

When will it be out ?