Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Cineworld Eastbourne. That odeon couldn't get in the top 15 if it was the only one showing a film

Eastbourne no not even close (i.e. with JW ranked around 160), in your area within 25km its biggest bit further a field  Odeon & CW Brighton and Tunbridge bigger

Eastbourne no not even close (i.e. with JW ranked around 160), in your area within 25km its biggest bit further a field Odeon & CW Brighton and Tunbridge bigger

That makes sense, it's pretty much the only half decent multiplex in that range. It should get a boost in a few years when they move to a new 9 screen site in the town center.

As for JW, it managed something I haven't seen for A VERY long time. I went to a 19:30 3D screening last night and it was a total sell out! I haven't seen that for 3D in years!

Minions Presales are huge, bigger than JW from what I'm seeing, no joke. Even for tomorrow night, it looks packed already, i've never seen pre-sales like this for an animated film. Saturday is gonna be giant, lots of shows already close to sell-out, betting on £5m+. At this point I think an opening even in the low teens is possible. Will inevitably impact on JW.

BO on fire.

Edited by Heretic

First is easily Toy Story 3, that made over £70m. Then waaaay down in 2nd is Shrek 2 with £48m. DM2 is 3rd I believe with £47.4m. Very impressive actually, pity the exchange rate has gone to shit.

Below that I'm not sure, there are a lot of animated films in the mid-high 30s. Frozen, Simspons Move, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Lego Movie, Ice Age 3, Up.

Edited by Heretic

Aaaand you're welcome.

Contributed my £16.65 to Jurassic World at the BFI IMAX yesterday. 100% worth being the most expensive movie ticket I've ever bought (only thanks to the exchange rate ;) ).

Welcome to London prices! How long you here for?

Aaaand you're welcome.

Contributed my £16.65 to Jurassic World at the BFI IMAX yesterday. 100% worth being the most expensive movie ticket I've ever bought (only thanks to the exchange rate ;) ).

I guess that you enjoyed the movie?

I'm so jealous of you right now. I've never been to Barcelona and I love London. Hopefully I can do another European tour next year.

Edited by KATCH 22