Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

$65.7m for The Avengers! That's brilliant.Means it most likely made over $7m for the weekend. $80m is happening, and there's a chance it could get to $85m too. Depends how strong late legs are, bearing in mind there's a lot of competition coming up in the next few weeks.

$65.7m for The Avengers! That's brilliant.Means it most likely made over $7m for the weekend. $80m is happening, and there's a chance it could get to $85m too. Depends how strong late legs are, bearing in mind there's a lot of competition coming up in the next few weeks.

80-85 mill is amazing..The sequel will make 100+

Any idea on how the last day of the premiership's affected business today??

I doubt it had a massive effect.I think exams probably have though. All 16-18 year olds have exams coming up in the next few weeks, starting tomorrow. Everyone's just revising now. I have my biology AS exam tomorrow. Shitting it.

I doubt it had a massive effect.I think exams probably have though. All 16-18 year olds have exams coming up in the next few weeks, starting tomorrow. Everyone's just revising now. I have my biology AS exam tomorrow. Shitting it.

Is that the module with animal classification and all that? Probably the easiest of the four, you'll be fine.

Think you're prepared for it man? I do empathise, I only had my last exams 2 years ago. 2 and a half hours in a room writing essays about new wave film and fight club sucked enough.

Well I've been revising thoroughly all weekend and last week for Biology, so I hope so. I just can not wait for May 29th when they're all over.

Is that the module with animal classification and all that? Probably the easiest of the four, you'll be fine.

That's topic 4, in unit 2. Tomorrow's Unit 1, so topics 1 and 2. Unit 2 is next week, but yeah, I find that one much easier.

Dark Shadows did okay but I think it'll drop next week. The Dictator should do well next well, not expecting more than £4-5m five days.Men in Black 3 has been advertised heavily, should have a decent OW of £3-4m.

Men in Black 3 will be the first action film since The Avengers so the audience will likely lap it up but the trailers aren't exactly making me want to go see it.Aside from Prometheus, June is looking like a real lackluster month for films. Rock of Ages I think will do okay but it's not hitting the heights of Mamma Mia!

Men in Black 3 will be the first action film since The Avengers so the audience will likely lap it up but the trailers aren't exactly making me want to go see it.Aside from Prometheus, June is looking like a real lackluster month for films. Rock of Ages I think will do okay but it's not hitting the heights of Mamma Mia!

Blame the European championship for that. Edited by CJohn

Who would have thought that, The Avengers, of all movies, would make $80m + in the UK?Simply stunning!

Blame the European championship for that.

I'm sure last time, there was a lot more films out like The Incredible Hulk but then there were no UK teams in it which may have been why there were films in the cinema. There's a few British films like Fast Girls and A Fantastic Fear of Everything plus Rock of Ages but that's it. Even August has more films and that's competing against The Olympics!

The Incredible Hulk/The Happening Summer was the last time Portugal had big movies opening against the European/World Championship. And even that June died after those movies opening.This year Prometheus opens on June 7, and the next 2 weekends are dead (Abraham Lincoln opens on June 21, but it will flop). Ice Age 4 opens at the end of the month, after the European Championship.The Olympics have no big affect in the big releases here, but it is odd that they aren't running way from it in the UK, since the games are in London this year.

Edited by CJohn

I'm guessing as it's summer, people will still see films in their spare time, I wouldn't watch wall to wall Olympics live or on the television plus it's only two weeks. Brave and The Bourne Legacy have both wisely opening on Monday 13th August, the day after the Olympics.