Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

So will Brave chart this week?

IA4 did when it was released in Scotland so probably.

Could Ted end up with 50 mill?

I doubt it'll get that high but I'd say $40m is looking very likely at the moment. Have to see its full opening first.

IA4 did when it was released in Scotland so probably.

I doubt it'll get that high but I'd say $40m is looking very likely at the moment. Have to see its full opening first.

Okey.. It just looks like a movie that could have over 3 in multiplier...

They won 6 gold medals today. The most ever. I imagine the athletics in the evening would have had quite a big effect on movies.Anyway, that would be around £2.1m for Ted, putting it at around £7.4m. Should be good for at least £8.8m.Around £1.6m Saturday for TDKR.

Ted is a fucking beast.That puts it at £5.3m. Possibly £7.5m by the end of Saturday, and £9m likely by Sunday ($14.1m)Great hold for TDKR.That's quite impressive for Wimpy Kid. The last one opened to £1.5m, so it looks like this one could open to near £2m.Nice for Brave too. Could come very close to IA4's Scotland opening with that...

Ted 7.5 pretty close, sat should be over lc2.1m so with Sunday & previews it should wind up around 9.1-2TDKR have about 40% drop on last Sat be over lc1.6 it should do over lc4m for weekendDOWK3 should end up 1.5-6Brave its not just Scotland its Ireland as well, IA4 had release two weeks before in Scotland & Ireland Edited by Rth
  • Like 3

Ted 7.5 pretty close, sat should be over lc2.1m so with Sunday & previews it should wind up around 9.1-2TDKR have about 40% drop on last Sat be over lc1.6 it should do over lc4m for weekendDOWK3 should end up 1.5-6Brave its not just Scotland its Ireland as well, IA4 had release two weeks before in Scotland & Ireland

Very nice for everything. Do you have any numbers for Brave?

That is very promising, considering IA4 is a sequel to a very popular franchise.

Yes it is! Hope Brave does well in England + Wales too when it opens but we do love Pixar so it should.Though Brave is set in Scotland and has Gaelic themes so it may perhaps be punching above with its weekend gross in Scotland especially and Ireland. Edited by JCS

12m people watched the athletics yesterday, and 11m watched the swimming earlier on in the evening. The athletics event never dropped below 8m. It definitely would have had an effect, and today, I imagine the 100m final will be getting into the mid teen millions. That makes Ted's opening all the more impressive.

12m people watched the athletics yesterday, and 11m watched the swimming earlier on in the evening. The athletics event never dropped below 8m. It definitely would have had an effect, and today, I imagine the 100m final will be getting into the mid teen millions. That makes Ted's opening all the more impressive.

Agree

I can imagine day time business has been boosted by some of the prime time evening events, but hot damn did Ted do well! That's a sequel number not an original IP number! That's up there with Avatar's OW isn't it? Not suggesting similar legs just the opening numbers are close I think.

I can imagine day time business has been boosted by some of the prime time evening events, but hot damn did Ted do well! That's a sequel number not an original IP number! That's up there with Avatar's OW isn't it? Not suggesting similar legs just the opening numbers are close I think.

Avatar opened to £8.5m 4 day. Ted will probably open to near £9m in 5 days, so quite close.Ted doesn't have 3d though, which was obviously HUGE for Avatar, so it may have beaten it in admissions.