Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

5 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Barbie and Ninja Turtles are leading show times for cinema day, Elemental seems to be getting a solid number as well

I'm surprised The Equalizer 3 isn't getting any push in showtimes from NCD given it's got all the PLFs. 

58 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised The Equalizer 3 isn't getting any push in showtimes from NCD given it's got all the PLFs. 

Cineworld in particular seems to be doing that dumb thing where they stop regular showings before 7pm and push people to go for the PLF’s. It won’t make much difference for NCD since everything is the same price, but for the rest of the week it’ll probably have the adverse effect and make some people skip the film rather than pay PLF prices.

Equalizer 3, Sound of Freedom and Cobweb are the new openers. 

National cinema day showtimes at my local:

Cobweb: 2

Sound of Freedom: 2 

Equalizer: 8 (3 IMAX)

Elemental: 4

Blue Beetle: 4 (1 IMAX)

Strays: 1

Haunted Mansion: 3

Meg 2: 5

TMNT: 7

Barbie: 13

Oppenheimer: 3

MI7: 1

Mario: 1

Jailer: 1

Edited by Krissykins

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Equalizer 3, Sound of Freedom and Cobweb are the new openers. 

National cinema day showtimes at my local:

Cobweb: 2

Sound of Freedom: 2 

Equalizer: 8 (3 IMAX)

Elemental: 4

Blue Beetle: 4 (1 IMAX)

Strays: 1

Haunted Mansion: 3

Meg 2: 5

TMNT: 7

Barbie: 13

Oppenheimer: 3

MI7: 1

Mario: 1

Jailer: 1

Mine managed to squeeze an Oppie IMAX showing in there. 4pm too, so should do very well. They have 3 IMAX for Equaliser and one for Blue Beetle. BB is 10.30 am and one of the Equalizer showings is 10.40 pm so curious how those will do... 

29 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

There’s less crazies over here willing to “pay it forward” to goose the numbers, so yeah, not surprising really.

I'm sure they'll try and goose the numbers but I suspect it'll be overshadowed by the holdovers as well as The Equalizer 3. 

I don't think faith based films ever do well in the UK.

Edited by Jonwo

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Cineworld in particular seems to be doing that dumb thing where they stop regular showings before 7pm and push people to go for the PLF’s. It won’t make much difference for NCD since everything is the same price, but for the rest of the week it’ll probably have the adverse effect and make some people skip the film rather than pay PLF prices.

Things like this and ScreenX are why I look forward to their demise. 

• Like 1

Weekend Numbers (FSS)

Film Distributor Weeks on release Weekend Total Total Box Office
1 Barbie Warner Bros. 6 £1,944,777 £89,082,599
2 Oppenheimer Universal Pictures 6 £1,638,665 £53,173,902
3 Meg 2: The Trench Warner Bros. 4 £776,085 £11,299,337
4 Blue Beetle Warner Bros. 2 £767,790 £2,823,413
5 Andre Rieu’s 2023 Maastricht Concert: Love Is All Around Piece Of Magic Entertainment 1 £710,326 £710,326
6 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Paramount 5 £478,605 £8,009,605
7 Haunted Mansion Walt Disney 3 £378,916 £3,183,228
8 Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Paramount 8 £372,432 £25,643,245
9 The Blackening Universal Pictures 1 £367,486 £367,486
10 Elemental Walt Disney 8 £340,191 £16,910,822
11 Strays Universal Pictures 2 £327,189 £1,309,729
12 Scrapper Picturehouse Entertainment 1 £197,658 £197,658
13 GRAN TURISMO: BASED ON A TRUE STORY Sony Pictures 3 £184,626 £2,367,038
14 ROCKY AUR RANI KII PREM KAHAANI Moviegoers Entertainment 5 £160,281 £2,001,462
15 Theater Camp Walt Disney 1 £141,872 £141,872

Source: Comscore

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wanted to give GT a shot yesterday but it was already out at my local haha. Ended up seeing Blue Beetle, which I found a waste of time. Had that been released in 2005, it would have been ground-breaking, but now...Jesus Christ. I'm honestly pleasantly surprised with how audiences have ben rejecting this dreck (that includes Haunted Mansion). Would have bee nice if Meg 2 were also a complete flop, but can't win 'em all...

National Cinema Day announced for Saturday 2nd September

On Saturday, 2nd of September, cinemas across the Republic of Ireland will celebrate National Cinema Day with admission tickets at participating cinemas reduced to just €4 including Premium seats, screens and 3D screenings. The 2023 initiative is supported by Screen Ireland.

Last year’s National Cinema Day saw over 200,000 admissions, making it the biggest cinema-going day of 2022.

Approximately 99% of cinemas in the Republic of Ireland will participate in this initiative, offering a wide variety of new and recent releases for audiences to enjoy. Cinemas in every county in the Republic of Ireland are participating.

Off the back of the massive popularity of both Barbie and Oppenheimer, the cinema industry in Ireland has united to celebrate the ritual of cinema-going and the important place it has in Irish life. For many years, Ireland has had the highest cinema attendance per capita in Europe. The Republic of Ireland also has the highest screen density per capita of any European country, with an average of one cinema screen per 10,000 people.

Screen Ireland is the official supporter of National Cinema Day 2023.

• Thanks 1

So after next weekend BARBIE will have AVATAR in sight to claim all time #6. It will climb even higher with the deluxe screenings coming.

OPPY will have TDKR and DUNKIRK in sight to enter all time top 30 and become the highest grossing Nolan film. Next goal after that is JOKER (£58m) for highest 15 rated movie ever.

MI7 passed FALLOUT, so everything is gravy from here. Would be nice to catch TLM (£27.2m)

Edited by The Dark Alfred