Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 Skyfall (Sony) £2,275,469 £93,769,331 2 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (eOne) £2,180,909 £31,373,440 3 Rise Of The Guardians (Paramount) £1,968,984 £1,968,984 4 Nativity 2: Danger In The Manger! (eOne) £1,204,066 £3,165,716 5 Silver Linings Playbook (Entertainment) £749,055 £2,705,416 6 Great Expectations (Lionsgate) £544,636 £544,636 7 Talaash (Reliance) £389,522 £389,522 8 Argo (Warner Bros) £338,545 £4,538,400 9 End Of Watch (Studiocanal) £306,005 £1,356,870 10 Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (Paramount) £263,163 £21,755,873

Very very close to Avatar should pass it today or tomorrow.

Very good weekend for most films. Skyfall only £250k off Avatar. BD2 should get to £35m. I think it's already passed BD1. That's actually not too bad for ROTG. In line with other animated films opening at the same time. It'll probably stay fairly flat throughout December.Excellent drop for SLP.

so James Bond in its 6th weekend defeats the big Christmas Animation moviecompare that with 2008James Bond in its 6th weekend made 1/9th of the big Christmas Animation movietimes change - long live JB007

Edited by Rudolf

Someone keeps changing the gross back to the incorrect £93,442,625 figure! :angry:

It doesn't mean it was the best movie ever or the most beloved, but simply cinema going peaked around that time.

Yes, I know admissions peaked in the 40s but it is still an amazing number. And nothing will beat it. :)

It's quite possible ROTG will claim the top spot this weekend. I don't see it dropping more than 25% Arthur Christmas actually increased 10% in its second weekend and a further 9% in its 3rd as it got closer to Christmas, and went on to gross over £20m.ROTG opened identically to Puss In Boots and that ended over £13m, so I don't see why ROTG shouldn't be able to reach at least £10m.

Arthur Christmas actually increased 10% in its second weekend and a further 9% in its 3rd as it got closer to Christmas, and went on to gross over £20m.ROTG opened identically to Puss In Boots and that ended over £13m, so I don't see why ROTG shouldn't be able to reach at least £10m.

AC defied expectations but it has the advantage of being from Aardman, ROTG is really good and with no real competition apart from Nativity 2 so I think £15m is achievable.

Someone keeps changing the gross back to the incorrect £93,442,625 figure! :angry:

I changed it to the 94,025,632 figure too and updated Skyfall's # but the same person changed it back. However they have now changed it back to our latest revision as apparently there is some 3 revert revision rule that they broke. So we have our way now !

I changed it to the 94,025,632 figure too and updated Skyfall's # but the same person changed it back. However they have now changed it back to our latest revision as apparently there is some 3 revert revision rule that they broke. So we have our way now !

Haha, good.I just got a message saying our figures are unverified and have no source, which Wikipedia requires so they will continue to base the list off the (incorrect) 25thFrame list, which is a source. So we need to edit and correct that list so wiki copies grosses correctly or find a source for RTH's numbers.http://www.25thframe...rce=ukboxoffice Edited by JCS

Haha, good.I just got a message saying our figures are unverified and have no source, which Wikipedia requires so they will continue to base the list off the (incorrect) 25thFrame list, which is a source. So we need to edit and correct that list so wiki copies grosses correctly or find a source for RTH's numbers.http://www.25thframe...rce=ukboxoffice

lol, Before reading this sent email to 25th frame telling them they are missing 10 1/2 weeks of data and correcting it all , see if they change as well. Basically they are missing gross post top20, BOM data is incomplete as well but they do have at least a high cume then 25th frame Edited by Rth
  • Like 2

lol, Before reading this sent email to 25th frame telling them they are missing 10 1/2 weeks of data and correcting it all , see if they change as well. Basically they are missing gross post top20,BOM data is incomplete as well but they do have at least a high cume then 25th frame

I'm in trouble with that allthestrongbow wiki page editor now, had a right old go at me for 'name dropping' EDI/Rentrak. I do hope 25thframe change their numbers and then we could quote them as our verifiable source.