Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Jesus Christ. Pound to dollar is at a 2 and a half year low right now. Just keep plummeting! It's near 1.5 now. This could significantly effect $ grosses of films if it doesn't improve. Very bad news.

Good news for us tourists though ... we were to England in '08 and Scotland '10 and both times it was about 82 GBP to 100 Euro, now it's down to 90:100 - the pint's getting cheaper by the day!

Mama did great beating both Cloud Atlas and Song for Marion. Brave was still a success considering it was released quite late in the summer but Ralph has clicked with audiences. I hope Frozen has similar success but its got a December release.

Cloud Atlas was screwed as it wasn't shown in any smaller cinemas (under 8 screens), so Mama's victory was a given. Song for Marion seened to have an ambitiously wide release this weekend which seemed pretty odd.

Mama did great beating both Cloud Atlas and Song for Marion. Brave was still a success considering it was released quite late in the summer but Ralph has clicked with audiences. I hope Frozen has similar success but its got a December release.

I think it could do great considering its winter theme. could perform like a Christmas movie.

I think it could do great considering its winter theme. could perform like a Christmas movie.

Rise of the Guardians did okay over here, Frozen is released only a week after its US release which is rare for an animated Disney film but I guess the winter theme plus the lack of competition from other animated films will help it.

I felt ROTG had terrible trailers and looked incredibly unappealing. The movie was a bit better than the trailers suggested, but still... I don't think it's a good comparison for Frozen, which is a Disney musical/fairytale.

It's nice for the UK that they won't have to wait so long for once.

I felt ROTG had terrible trailers and looked incredibly unappealing. The movie was a bit better than the trailers suggested, but still... I don't think it's a good comparison for Frozen, which is a Disney musical/fairytale. It's nice for the UK that they won't have to wait so long for once.

A week is nothing in comparison to the gap for films like WIR, Tangled and The Muppets but given the money they make by releasing around half term, I understand why they do it and they're not the only studio who does this.