Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Anyone seen the total shitstorm that's erupted for cineworld surrounding staff in Birmingham throwing a girl with Downs Syndrome out of The Croods for laughing too loud. The people on facebook trying to call boycott on the company as opposed to punishing the shitty staff are extremely daft.

Anyone seen the total shitstorm that's erupted for cineworld surrounding staff in Birmingham throwing a girl with Downs Syndrome out of The Croods for laughing too loud. The people on facebook trying to call boycott on the company as opposed to punishing the shitty staff are extremely daft.

Hadn't heard that no, sounds ridiculous. Laughing during a animated comedy, oh my...

That's fucked up. If a down syndrome girl is having the time of her life, let her. If she was making it difficult for people to hear the movie, her parents need to evaluate whether it's wise to take her to full showings.

Either way, it's inappropriate to throw her out.

While I think it was handled badly, its silly for people to boycott the company when it was down to the individual cinema.

Both GI Joe and Trance suck, so don't expect great numbers. GI Joe around £3.5m for the 5-day, Trance £2m.

Saw GI Joe 2 today as well, is okay but a fairly standard action film. Could get to £4M even I think for OW.

GI Joe didn't do great considering it had a five day opening but its higher than the first films opening, not much out next week apart from Dark Skies and a few indie films so I imagine most films will stay flat, the week after is Obilvion and Scary Movie 5 and the week after that is Olympus has Fallen and Evil Dead so it is looking like a good April with those films plus Iron Man 3

Nope, it's not decent, it's very poor start for GI Joe. The Croods 3-day is way higher than GI Joe 5-day. Less than £3m. GI Joe flopped. The Host tanked with £1m. Trance 5-day is bang on what I predicted. I really underestimated the Croods, it's having an incredible run. Will pass Oz in a couple of days.

Even though the girl probably couldn't help it, is it really fair that maybe 200-300 other paying customers have their experience and money wasted because one person is laughing so loud they can't hear the film properly?

The appropriate action would have been to ask the parent/guardian to have her try keep it down as it is disturbing other guests. If she didn't then asking them to leave was the right thing to do. One person, disabled or not, shouldn't be allowed to ruin the film for other paying customers.