Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

In the UK, ST 09 was quite a hit with $35m, and was pretty much the only big market OS along with Australia. With 3D and the other factors you mentioned, I was sure this one could do around $50m, but I guess the audience just isn't expanding beyond the usual fanbase. I'm expecting the same in the US too.

If I'm honest I have not heard anyone talk about STiD. I never understood why so many here are predicting a bigger OW for STiD than for FF6. FF6 premiere was on the front pages of national newspapers whilst STiD has largely gone ignored. I will be seeing it tonight but I think FF6 marketing has been a hell of a lot better and can see that having a huge OW here. 

FF6 is definitely gonna open bigger. Pre-sales are pretty big actually, so I could see £8m happening.

But I thought because ST opened to £6m, 3d + expansion which usually comes with sequels could push it to £9-10m this time. That hasn't happened and instead it'll end up closer to £7m. Still good, but nothing more.

But, it's a very busy month, and not all blockbusters are gonna have huge openings.

Edited by Heretic

saw it today at O2 cineworld superscreen. Sat on the balcony for the first time. Screen looked level so wasn't a case of looking down. Will sit there again.

The movie is amazing. Go see it whoever hasn't yet. 

Ok so even less impressed with STiD in the UK. I don't get why it did not expand...my screening was pretty packed not a sell out but busy enough for a 5pm screening. 

FF6 next weekend will hurt it. 

IMO, it's too geeky to broaden its fanbase.