Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Yep, but IM3 didn't open on Friday. I had FF6 at £25m total. Might have even lowballed it, damn it. 

IM3 didn't have close to these kind of sellouts that I'm seeing. Not on Friday, or Saturday either.

Edited by Heretic

Taking away previews from Thursday, Iron Man's 3 day was £11.4m. I think FF6 could end up with more admissions, even though the £ value won't reflect that due to 3D premium. Alfred you work at a cinema right?

FF6 will be lower than IM3 due to no 3D or IMAX, I think it could do at least £8m OW last 2D film to do that was Les Mis back in January. Gatsby is trickier to predict but I think £3-4m four day opening.

Edited by Jonwo

Why can't Trek do that well last week?  :(

Star Trek did increase from the last film but I think the Fast and Furious films are more popular. The last film was well received, I do think the competition from The Hangover part III will affect it somewhat next week. It'll be interesting who is number 1 next week, I think it'll be Epic due to its numerous previews but I could easily see Fast 6 being number 1 or The Hangover if it performs better than expected.

TH3 likely. TH2 was massive, it opened to £10.4m. TH3 definitely won't do that, but I wouldn't rule out something like £7m, which would probably be enough for number 1.

Half term is going to be insanely busy.

Star Trek did increase from the last film but I think the Fast and Furious films are more popular. The last film was well received, I do think the competition from The Hangover part III will affect it somewhat next week. It'll be interesting who is number 1 next week, I think it'll be Epic due to its numerous previews but I could easily see Fast 6 being number 1 or The Hangover if it performs better than expected.

I see, thanks for the info. I just thought that with a British actor who's quite popular like Benedict Cumberbatch, it would have done better.

TH3 likely. TH2 was massive, it opened to £10.4m. TH3 definitely won't do that, but I wouldn't rule out something like £7m, which would probably be enough for number 1. Half term is going to be insanely busy.

£7m four days sounds about right, I imagine it won't hit the £30m total of the last film, more like £20m if its lucky. Half term week itself has only The Big Wedding and Byzatium released so it could be number 1 twice in a row. After Earth missed a trick not opening during half term,

Wow, huge weekend inbound! Surprised STID is not doing that well, perhaps still too 'geeky' and niche a franchise.

I don't think it's doing badly otherwise it wouldn't have opened to £8.4m but clearly expectations were high and compared to IM3 it has underperformed, I still expect a third film as they'd be nuts not to release it during Star Treks 50th Anniversary. FF6 is entertaining but I didn't think it was as strong as the last film, I do expect it to do great business.