Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, UKBoxOffice said:

SOF is coming out on the 31st August here.

Apparently the 'Pay If Forward' thing will be happening here as well.

I can't imagine it'll do much in the UK because by the time it's released, the hype surrounding it will be long gone.

4 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

SOF is coming out on the 31st August here.

Apparently the 'Pay If Forward' thing will be happening here as well.

I really, really can’t see that tactic being anywhere near as effective as it’s been in the US. The right wingers that this film is aimed at are far less religious in the UK, so I can’t see the group buys from churches that seems to have funded it’s “success” in the US being much of a factor here.

14 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I wonder what the single day attendance record is for Vue Stratford, both Barbie and Oppenheimer are doing crazy business between 1pm and 9pm Friday

Must be Endgame OD or Saturday surely

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I really, really can’t see that tactic being anywhere near as effective as it’s been in the US. The right wingers that this film is aimed at are far less religious in the UK, so I can’t see the group buys from churches that seems to have funded it’s “success” in the US being much of a factor here.

Yeah that kind of religious fanaticism Is really not european .

• Like 1

The number of showtimes Barbie has is insane. 54 shows on Friday at Vue Westfield including shows at 12am, 12:30am and 12:45am. 14 more shows than Stratford. I think the two of these will be vying for number 1 and 2 spots this weekend. 

Also, Oppenheimer has sold out the 4:10am show on Friday morning at BFI IMAX, and the 4:15am show on Saturday morning is almost sold out too. There are 18 round the clock shows this weekend, and standard ticket prices are £24, seating capacity 500. That’s £216,000 just from BFI IMAX (and not factoring in premium seating). Coupled with Odeon Leicester Square, the two of these cinemas are likely bringing in close to £0.5m alone this weekend for Oppenheimer.

Final predictions:

Barbie

OD £6.5m

OW £17.5m (~$22.5m)

Oppenheimer 

OD £2.5m

OW £7m (~$9m)

• Like 6
  • Astonished 4

10 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

The other factor is that the UK population is a lot smaller than the US so it'll be very difficult for it to make an impact through that narrow audience base.

• Like 1

Had look at Oppenheimer here, it’s evening IMAX for tomorrow is sold out. Even the 11.20 and 15.10 are nearly sold out. 

Tomorrow is a working day and it’s a 15. That’s crazy. The IMAX is a 450 seater. 

Saturday is extremely busy for it too. 

Had a quick look this morning at Vue Stratford and it’s just crazy. Barbie is practically sold out from the 11:45am show to gone 10pm, with any shows that still have any seats left only having a few scattered ones. That’s 25 shows. 

Edited by Heretic

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's interesting looking that while Oppenheimer is doing fantastic in IMAX and some PLFs, it's not too hard to get tickets for regular showings depending on location. 

Not surprising though. Most will want to watch this in as big a screen as possible. Which is why it will likely play very strongly for weeks due to the limited PLF capacity. 

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

People are waiting for good IMAX and PLF seats. Case in point, I won't be seeing it this weekend. Rather wait to check it out first in a big screen.

I really wanted to do BFI but there are hardly any decent seats left for the entire run in any show that isn’t early morning on a weekday and it’s playing until 17th Aug. Crazy.

Cineworld Leicester Square don’t seem to have released their IMAX schedule for Oppenheimer past next week so might try and catch it there. Watched A2 there and it was a great screen.

8 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I've got absolutely no idea when I'll see it. BFI IMAX hasn't got a good seat left in the entire run there

Lol literally posted as I was writing the same thing. I’m so mad I didn’t book it there earlier.

I just checked science museum and it’s similar there, although they have some good seats still for 8th, 11th and 12th August still.

Edited by Heretic