Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

This weekend can surpass EndGame (88.7)?

Near-guarantee since last Sunday took a major ding due to the Lionesses game so overall holds should be <40% at the very least across the board. No major new releases and weather seems just kinda okay-ish so honestly I’d take the over on £89m by the end of Sunday.

I’m becoming increasingly confident Oppy will hit £60m and Barbie £100m. A lot of their respective comps start to drop off around weekend 7/8 due to increased competition but there’s basically zero chance of any September 2023 release going on to gross £20m+ lifetime and I wouldn’t even say there’s a guaranteed £10m+ grosser in the bunch either. 

6 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I'm curious to see if Oppenheimer can win at least One weekend. There are big new releases this week?. It Will became, but likely already is, the biggest movie that never be #1.

With The Equalizer 3 out next week, the chances are looking slimmer by the days.

6 hours ago, Allanheimer said:

Near-guarantee since last Sunday took a major ding due to the Lionesses game so overall holds should be <40% at the very least across the board. No major new releases and weather seems just kinda okay-ish so honestly I’d take the over on £89m by the end of Sunday.

I’m becoming increasingly confident Oppy will hit £60m and Barbie £100m. A lot of their respective comps start to drop off around weekend 7/8 due to increased competition but there’s basically zero chance of any September 2023 release going on to gross £20m+ lifetime and I wouldn’t even say there’s a guaranteed £10m+ grosser in the bunch either. 

Dune was postponed and i'm reading Napoleon Is at risk too. I wouldn't surprised if in your market they could Jump on barbeinhmer again if there aren't enough movies... with some new edition with special contents etc ..i mean if they'releasing a new version of Barbie in the US with some extra scene i really doubt at some point It's not coming in the UK too seeing the success here.

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Murder on the Orient Express was pretty big, but Death on the Nile was DOA. Don't expect much more for this new one

I love whodunnit movies, period pieces, large ensembles and enjoyed Murder On The Orient Express, but I completely skipped Death on the Nile in cinemas and waited for streaming. I can't remember if there was an overall lull in cinema going post-NWH then, or people just knowing it will be on streaming soon, or just the stench of bad quality and the multiple delays killing any excitement for it as a sequel to Murder... But for whatever reason it barely left a mark anywhere.

That, combined with the reduced name recognition further you go into the books beyond Orient Express (similar to Narnia), and ya, I don't expect much...

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Murder on the Orient Express was pretty big, but Death on the Nile was DOA. Don't expect much more for this new one

Oh ok. Same here. The second made the half but It was during pandemic and before we get a big success to make "theaters cool again". This Is coming After 6-7 M went for barb+ opp so maybe It's a good moment for the theater experience.

Also It's set in Venice and one of the main actors is a very popular italian actor (riccardo Scamarcio).

Edited by vale9001

Just now, reddevil19 said:

I love whodunnit movies, period pieces, large ensembles and enjoyed Murder On The Orient Express, but I completely skipped Death on the Nile in cinemas and waited for streaming. I can't remember if there was an overall lull in cinema going post-NWH then, or people just knowing it will be on streaming soon, or just the stench of bad quality and the multiple delays killing any excitement for it as a sequel to Murder... But for whatever reason it barely left a mark anywhere.

Death on the Nile was overshadowed by Uncharted, it was amusing to see Kenneth Branagh promoting Belfast with a bit of 'oh, Death on the Nile is out next month'. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

Death on the Nile was overshadowed by Uncharted, it was amusing to see Kenneth Branagh promoting Belfast with a bit of 'oh, Death on the Nile is out next month'. 

Lol ya, Uncharted. That was also a thing that came out. I completely forgot that existed.

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I just try to remember that uncharted is only correctly experienced on a PlayStation, or a PC for the last and spin off

The worst part for me is that the pirate ship third act is actually creative and visually interesting. I just don't like any of the cast in their roles and it just isn't fun in the way it should be. 

27 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday

Barbie £594k

Opp £432k

Meg £221k

Beetle £218k

TMNT £132k

Elemental £108k

Haunted Mansion £106k

MI7 £99k

Strays £97k

Blackening £74k

#14 Theatre Camp £36k

I wasn’t expecting much from the newcomers but Jesus Christ that’s godawful.

When was the last time the top three were exclusively made up of films that are at least three weeks old?