Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Finally some great news for Brave OS, after the disappointment in Australia, Japan and quite a few other territories.Thank you UK. I know why I liked Brits over Aussies, you've better taste in movies. :D :D :D

Edited by druv10

Well Brave has the Scottish theme, but I'm really shocked that it's doing poorly elsewhere, it's a great family crowd pleaser, I really enjoyed it. Glad that the US and UK crowd embraced it. It stands at £5.6 in the whole UK. TE started with £0.4m, Friday will be well over £1m.

• Like 1

Well Brave has the Scottish theme, but I'm really shocked that it's doing poorly elsewhere, it's a great family crowd pleaser, I really enjoyed it. Glad that the US and UK crowd embraced it. It stands at £5.6 in the whole UK. TE started with £0.4m, Friday will be well over £1m.

I think Brave would have done better had it been released in Winter, fantasy tends to play better in the colder months for some reason with one or two exceptions. I thought it's on par with Finding Nemo and The Incredibles in terms of quality.

Does Brave £5m total include Scotland and Ireland or just England and Wales? I imagine Expendables will pick up from Friday onwards.

Whole lot England(mainly from Monday), Wales, Scotland, Irelandits cume through end of playweek will be close to lc5.7mBL previews just over 2.6mTDKR cume end week 4 close to 48.3(TDK thru wk4 42.043)Ted should finish week close to 6.2m and cume 20.2Top Thu 1-Brave, 2-Ted, 4-BL, 4-Exp2,5-TDKR Edited by Rth
  • Like 1

Right folks, Friday report:

At 5th place we find TDKR with a decent Friday, looking close to £0.5m, only 22% down from last week. A new opener is at 4th place, just ahead of TDKR with £0.5m and that film is The Expendables 2. That's bit of a surprise, the Thursday number was disappointing, but those were only evening previews, was hoping to see it picking up some business, but that's not the case unfortunately. It has no chance to come even close to the first film's tally.

All of sudden it doesn't make the Bourne numbers look that bad, Legacy is 3rd with £0.7m and a tally of £3m so far. Way lower than the previous Bourne films however. Ted continues to impress with £0.735m and keeping the second place, will be interesting to see how it holds up against the direct competitions it faces in the the following weeks.

That means that our beloved Merida remains the #1 film at the UK box office, Brave is looking at £0.950m Friday.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 5

Thanks, liking the Friday report!Wow, Expendables 2 is doing badly as well as Bourne, thought Expendables 2 would do better than than the 1st one in the UK and finish 2nd this weekend when it may now finish 4th!Glad the football is back! But I don't think it visibly effects the BO as it is every weekend for 9 months. Maybe effects it a bit in the summer though.

It's the major football events that attack the box office. World cup, Euros, champions league finals and the FA Cup final. Occasionally the last weekend of the premiership if it's a tight one.

Yeah agreed. So weekly Premiership matches do not really effect the BO and only big matches do, especially England ones or other national matches.So this weekend's BO will be down due to the weather and not really the football starting again.

As expected, my cinema is empty.

Yeah, it is so hot in London!Weird that in most hot countries people go to cinemas to cool off and relax but in colder countries (like the UK) people avoid the cinemas when it is hot as it is so rare!

Well, it's only the southern and eastern areas of the UK that are being hit by this heatwave. Further north and west it's cooler, so the BO won't be down there.Drops will probably be quite big, but not huge. London and the south east is the biggest contribute to the BO though, so it's bound to have some effect.