Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

How many chains or cinemas provide discount tuesday tickets now? I know Odeon does the 25% off for premier card holders and the odd cineworld does it, but the effect shouldn't be that pronounced. Or do we have proper, naff, August weather back?

Don't think discount Tuesdays is a thing at all in the UK really. My local small cinema does it as well as Odeon for members like you mentioned but it is not a national thing as other chains don't, unless many small indie cinemas do it.There is Orange Wednesday instead.I guess just all films increase on Tuesdays as Monday is not popular straight after the weekend. Edited by JCS

Actually, there are a number of ODEON cinemas that do discount Tuesdays where standard tickets are around £4, compared to the normal £7. That's a fantastic deal, because you also get orange Wednesday the day after.But not that many seem to actually do it... Most just do the 25% like Schumacher said.

Actually, there are a number of ODEON cinemas that do discount Tuesdays where standard tickets are around £4, compared to the normal £7. That's a fantastic deal, because you also get orange Wednesday the day after.But not that many seem to actually do it... Most just do the 25% like Schumacher said.

Yeah, so even if some cinemas do cheaper Tuesdays it is not a UK-wide event so the BO grosses are not increased on Tuesdays due to that, just the fact that Mondays are quiet.

monday is always the quietest day of the week at my cinema. always.we don't do any special prices any days. it's the same price all day every day

Except weekends surely. Most cinemas seem to have a lower price during the week and raise the price for Friday/Friday evening and the weekend when more people use cinemas.

Except weekends surely. Most cinemas seem to have a lower price during the week and raise the price for Friday/Friday evening and the weekend when more people use cinemas.

No, we charge the same all week. A very reasondable £6.30 for Adults and £4.90 for Children (under 15) and Seniors. A family ticket is £21.

UGH. I wish it was that cheap here. I pay £7.20 for a teen ticket. In 3 weeks I'll have to start paying £7.50 for a student ticket, and an adult ticket costs a ridiculous £9.70. And that's regular 2D.

Same lame prices here..I paid 12,5£ for TDKR in reg 2D

No, we charge the same all week. A very reasondable £6.30 for Adults and £4.90 for Children (under 15) and Seniors. A family ticket is £21.

Interesting. Cheap prices too!

UGH. I wish it was that cheap here. I pay £7.20 for a teen ticket. In 3 weeks I'll have to start paying £7.50 for a student ticket, and an adult ticket costs a ridiculous £9.70. And that's regular 2D.

Yep, London cinema prices are a lot!But I normally go during the day (so much cheaper) where it is £5 at my local Odeon and £6.60 at my local Vue (2D only) and on Orange Wednesday those prices are halved!My local indie cinema also has cheap Mondays + Tuesdays for £3.50! :D

Interesting. Cheap prices too!Yep, London cinema prices are a lot!But I normally go during the day (so much cheaper) where it is £5 at my local Odeon and £6.60 at my local Vue (2D only) and on Orange Wednesday those prices are halved!My local indie cinema also has cheap Mondays + Tuesdays for £3.50! :D

The cheapest possible ticket I can get is £6.20.Where abouts in London are you?

Mondays and Thursday I imagine are the quietest cinema days. Wednesdays are the busiest weekday due to Orange Wednesdays. I wonder if that's the reason why big films are sometimes released midweek. It does surprise me how prices vary even in different parts of the country. The West End is the most expensive IIRC with Odeon Leceister Square charging up to £17 for a ticket.

Weekdays always go like this: Wednesday > Tuesday > Thursday > Monday. Sometimes Thursday is big if there are previews, same goes for Monday when it's bank holiday, like the upcoming weekend. Brave hit £10m today, Ted increased a ridiculous 46%, TDKR up 26%, will hit £51m tomorrow. TE2 only at £3m after a week, not good.

Weekdays always go like this: Wednesday > Tuesday > Thursday > Monday. Sometimes Thursday is big if there are previews, same goes for Monday when it's bank holiday, like the upcoming weekend.Brave hit £10m today, Ted increased a ridiculous 46%, TDKR up 26%, will hit £51m tomorrow. TE2 only at £3m after a week, not good.

What about Bourne? 26% too? Edited by ECSTASY

That's the least attended July in at least 8 years. But I guess that's understandable...April was big!Only slightly behind 2011 so far YTD, but a much stronger November/December should easily break that.

Edited by Heretic