Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I hate that i'm not getting caught up in the OW hysteria, I have to wait until Fri 2nd Nov before I can see it. I haven't seen a film on OD since TDKR and on Opening Night since This Means War!

Why's that?I'm not see it OD...Most likely Sunday.

Some great predictions here for Skyfall OW and total.DH1 opened with £18.3M so if Skyfall can get near that, it would be immense!I am still thinking £17M roughly, maybe a bit more. Slightly pessimistic and realistic.

Edited by JCS

1 Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (Paramount) £6,030,904 £6,030,9042 Paranormal Activity 4 (Paramount) £2,544,701 £2,544,7013 Taken 2 (20th Century Fox) £2,264,856 £18,551,0874 Hotel Transylvania (Sony £1,023,722 £3,375,2805 Looper (eOne) £781,211 £9,017,3326 Frankenweenie (Walt Disney) £741,683 £815,4237 Sinister (Momentum) £711,918 £5,089,9688 The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (eOne) £213,091 £1,950,0949 Beasts Of The Southern Wild (Studiocanal) £181,801 £181,80110 Brave (Walt Disney) £176,827 £21,930,374Madagascar 3 could get a 4x multiplier with good WOM and half term coming up.Bad for PA4. Taken 2 practically destroyed it over the 3 day weekend. On its 3rd week.

Edited by Heretic

Ouch, within the space of 8 days PA4 is going from 2 screens to a single showing per day. TAAAAAAAAANK!!!!!! Madagascar's got the same number of shows as the last two weekends, but now an even split between 2D and 3D. Skyfall's on two screens all day, and a third during the evening. Taken's actually gaining a show per day on what it had this weekend, look for a good hold as the alternative to Sold Out Skyfall shows. I wonder how my local compares with you guys.

Glasgow Cineworld has almost 80 shows for Skyfall! I think it's going to be on around 5 or 6 screens at my two closest odeons. They should have a show every 20-30 minutes until midnight.

I counted 25 per day at Renfrew Street, Crawley's getting 26 per day including IMAX.That's nuts though, i'm actually jealous that you get cinemas that big. Edited by Schumacher FTW

I counted 25 per day at Renfrew Street, Crawley's getting 26 per day including IMAX.That's nuts though, i'm actually jealous that you get cinemas that big.

I remember DH2 had like 7 midnight showings at my cinema which is just UNPRECEDENTED in the UK. And then it had over 30 shows per day, with most of them selling out. Fucking crazy weekend. But, for some reason, I think it would be so fun working at the cinema for big releases like that.