Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Let's be ambitious. I know it is extremely difficult, but is it £100m reachable?

Right now, It's not even that ambitious.

I mean, it should be around £71-72m by Sunday, coming off a £10m+ weekend. I can't possibly see how it'd miss £90m now. It's going to be close for the £100m mark. I still can't believe I'm actually saying £100m.

• Like 2

Right now, It's not even that ambitious.

I mean, it should be around £71-72m by Sunday, coming off a £10m+ weekend. I can't possibly see how it'd miss £90m now. It's going to be close for the £100m mark. I still can't believe I'm actually saying £100m.

This is the most amazing run I have never seen. Maybe Intouchables French's run can rival this, but no more. It is just astonishing :blink: Edited by peludo

I don't know about that, Intouchables was something else. But this is definitely up there.

I will just say Intouchables sold 20 million admissions in France. That is the same than if a movie could sell 95 million admissions in US. So, about 760 million $ WITHOUT 3D

I will just say Intouchables sold 20 million admissions in France. That is the same than if a movie could sell 95 million admissions in US. So, about 760 million $ WITHOUT 3D

Intouchables/Untouchable was a real European phenomenon not only in France but in Germany and Italy as well, the closest thing in the UK would be films like The Full Monty or The King's Speech.

Intouchables/Untouchable was a real European phenomenon not only in France but in Germany and Italy as well, the closest thing in the UK would be films like The Full Monty or The King's Speech.

Yes, I know it. In Spain it has been the biggest movie of the year until The Impossible came. I just wanted to point how impressive is Skyfall UK's run.

No doubt it's impressive but Avatar in Spain or Italy would be even more impressive by your logic.

You are absolutely right. Avatar Spanish run is like 1.1-1.2 billion $ in US. It is just I prefer Skyfall to Avatar in terms of quality by far. But it is obvious that Avatar is still the biggest movie in many countries. It is just I like to remark that Skyfall, an old franchise, is setting records without 3D. Old and unusual movies are still alive.

You are absolutely right. Avatar Spanish run is like 1.1-1.2 billion $ in US. It is just I prefer Skyfall to Avatar in terms of quality by far. But it is obvious that Avatar is still the biggest movie in many countries. It is just I like to remark that Skyfall, an old franchise, is setting records without 3D. Old and unusual movies are still alive.

No doubt, it's a historic run. 100M pounds would be a massive achievement.
  • Like 1