Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

It'll be number 1 again next week, the only films released are Dead Man Down, All Stars and Chimpanzees, I imagine only All Stars and DMD will crack the top five even though they both look awful. Any predictions for future releases Phillip? Star Trek I think increase from the first film but by how much, I don't know,

i think star trek is going to be absolutely massive to be honest..

would not be surprised if the 4 day figure is over £10m..

this iron man is a strange one as i didn't think there was much hype ahead of it's opening, but obviously it has done massive business. we've had tons of walkups

i think star trek is going to be absolutely massive to be honest..would not be surprised if the 4 day figure is over £10m..this iron man is a strange one as i didn't think there was much hype ahead of it's opening, but obviously it has done massive business. we've had tons of walkups

First film did £5.9m four days so £9-10m four days would be incredible. The marketing has been very strong.The only May film I'm unsure about is Epic, given its the first animated film since Croods, it could do great business. Edited by Jonwo

The Great Gatsby is going to be interesting. It seems quite hyped, I imagine it's going to do quite well.

I'm unsure about The Great Gatsby, its going to be squeezed against all the big blockbusters, its not like Life of Pi which clicked with audiences despite competition from The Hobbit, I'm not expecting a big opening,

Was looking at the box office numbers for Superman Returns in the UK and while it didn't open at number 1, it opened pretty well at £4.3m with a total of £15.7m. Will be interesting how Man of Steel does in comparison.

Much bigger?

I wonder how it'll hold next weekend... It faces virtually no competition. This is a 4 day opening, so it'll likely be over a 50% drop, but It could manage maybe £6.5m or so, which would likely put the total around £26m ($40.5m) already.

The latest Marvel outing debuts to an impressive $21.3m (£13.7m) through Disney to dethrone Olympus Has Fallen.

Kicking of Marvel’s Phase Two with a bang, Iron Man 3has rocketed to the top of the UK box office.

Disney’s 3D superhero outing scored a mighty $21.3m (£13.7m) opening, including $3.6m (£2.3m) in previews, to record the second biggest Marvel opening in the UK, behind Marvel’s Avengers Assemble’s $24.5m (£15.8m) debut last year.

Iron Man 3 has already overtaken the entire UK runs ofThe Incredible Hulk ($12.9m/£8.3m) and Captain America: The First Avenger ($14.7m/£9.5m), and will shortly overhaul Thor’s $21.8m (£14m) haul.

The next targets in its sights will be its predecessors Iron Man ($27.1m/£17.4m) and Iron Man 2 ($32.9m/£21.2m).

Avengers Assemble is the top Marvel performer in the UK at a formidable $80.6m (£51.9m) and Iron Man 3’s holdover will go a long way towards outlining if the threequel can hope to challenge that.

Also for Disney, Oz the Great and Powerful has amassed $23.3m (£15m), while Wreck-It Ralph has taken $36.5m (£23.5m). The Odd Life of Timothy Green is up to $1.5m (£984,254).

Last week’s champion Olympus Has Fallen dropped to second, shooting its way to a further $1.4m (£897,000) for $6.2m (£4m) to date through Lionsgate.

That result means it is now director Antoine Fuqua’s second best UK performer, behind only King Arthur’s $11m (£7.1m) result.

Universal’s Oblivion is likely to cross the £10m mark this week after a $1m (£669,000) weekend saw it to $14.7m (£9.4m) after three weeks in release. It’s now just under £1m away from overtaking Tron: Legacy’s $16.2m (£10.4m) UK tally.

Recording the best holdover of last week’s new entries, Arrow’s Love Is All You Need added $200,000 (£129,011) to climb to $786,000 (£505,770) after ten days in play.

Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation is now up to $11.5m (£7.4m) after five weeks.