Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Yeah, a lot of them. There are some cinemas that also only show a couple of big films. For example in Leicester Square alone, there are 4 cinemas, and usually a big release gets shown in a maximum of 1 or 2 of those.

This'll probably be the most attended Saturday for at least 6 months. FF6 is packed this afternoon, and evening/night business should match last night.

Gatsby is packed too. And so is STID. And IM3. And Epic, actually.

I think FF6 could have bigger if it had more screens but the holdovers and upcoming competition means it probably won't dominate in the coming weeks, I imagine a soft drop next week, 50% would be fine given its big opening.

Police have come to my cinema because people tried sneaking from the back entrance. It's a good mix as well. Teens and a lot of older people even some senior citizens. It is crazy down here though

I thought you saw the film already?

Just got back........was completely bananas. The crowd loved it and the

cameo from Statham

got screams, hollers and standing ovations. One of the best cinema experiences I have had. The movie was fun...drags in middle and suffers when it tries to be too serious but the action set pieces are crafted very well and the finale makes up for the middle. 

7.5/10

B Grade

Reading some reports of queues going outside of cinema doors on Twitter right now. This is insane.  :lol:

I was in the Leicester Square Vue cinema. It was jam packed when I got there with a huge queue leading out the door. The screening was packed. 

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 1

I was in Leicester Square Vue cinema. It was jam packed when I got their with a huge queue leading out the door. The screening was packed. 

Honestly, the sellouts today were nearly on par with what you see for Potter/Bond. Obviously, this has no where near as many showtimes so it can't match those numbers. 

Leicester Square must've been absolutely rammed tonight.

Edited by Heretic