Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

SW7 has 76 sold out shows at the BFI IMAX right now, with a lot more very close to sell out. That must be around £1m ($1.5m) in ticket sales just from that one cinema. Unbelievable. 

Midnight show and opening night are sold out at OLS too. 2 weeks in advance. 

This is absolutely gonna blow all opening records out of the fucking universe. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Heretic said:

SW7 has 76 sold out shows at the BFI IMAX right now, with a lot more very close to sell out. That must be around £1m ($1.5m) in ticket sales just from that one cinema. Unbelievable. 

Midnight show and opening night are sold out at OLS too. 2 weeks in advance. 

This is absolutely gonna blow all opening records out of the fucking universe. 

All those mugs going to BFI instead of Empire Leicester Square. It's going to look fucking shit on that screen, especially when you realise you're spending £22.50 per fucking ticket. I'm debating a trip up to Sheffield IMAX for one of the unsociable shows on opening weekend to see it in Laser, but it's a near 500 mile round trip for me :wacko:

P.s. Just from sold out shows alone at BFI that's around £750,000 not accounting for premium seating or concessionary rates. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

23 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

Quick question for the Cineworld people, if you book a film on your unlimited card and don't go is that a problem for them? Or does it not matter? 

If it's just a 2D ticket, you have until 20 minutes before show time to collect, or they will resell it. If it's any form of paid for screening, they have your money so they don't care. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If it's just a 2D ticket, you have until 20 minutes before show time to collect, or they will resell it. If it's any form of paid for screening, they have your money so they don't care. 

Thanks for the info ?

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

We need it to go back up 1.8/2. Then I'll go on holiday with an empty suitcase and come back with blurays and shit for half the price! 

Long gone are those day. Imagine what SW7 could do if rates were like they were in 2007/8. $250m would be a possibility. 

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎18‎:‎10, SchumacherFTW said:

All those mugs going to BFI instead of Empire Leicester Square. It's going to look fucking shit on that screen, especially when you realise you're spending £22.50 per fucking ticket. I'm debating a trip up to Sheffield IMAX for one of the unsociable shows on opening weekend to see it in Laser, but it's a near 500 mile round trip for me :wacko:

P.s. Just from sold out shows alone at BFI that's around £750,000 not accounting for premium seating or concessionary rates. 

Correct me if im wrong, but didn't Prometheus have a similar sell out for BFI?

10 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Correct me if im wrong, but didn't Prometheus have a similar sell out for BFI?

Absolutely not. SW has sold out virtually every single show, morning and night, until after New Years, and beyond. No film in history has had pre-sales anywhere near that level. Prometheus did break BFI's pre-sales record, but SW would have shattered that.

11 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Absolutely not. SW has sold out virtually every single show, morning and night, until after New Years, and beyond. No film in history has had pre-sales anywhere near that level. Prometheus did break BFI's pre-sales record, but SW would have shattered that.

Fair enough, I must have misread it 3 years ago. I thought it was a little strange lol

2 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

The best place to watch SW in London is the Science Museum by a country mile. BFI is still much better than Empire btw. Empire third best solution.

You have seen how poor Digital IMAX looks on the BFI's screen right? Granted I haven't tried empire IMAX yet, but I intend to try it asap. 

6 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It's still the biggest screen and SW will have special sound designed in that IMAX screen. As I said Science Museum will give you the best experience.

It may be the biggest screen, but when the image is slightly blurry due to exceeding the size it should be, it's a definite problem. I'd rather take a smaller screen with better quality. If I could get to the Science Museum I would. 

The chain has said the film will surpass its current pre-sales record before its release on Dec 17.

Vue Cinemas, the UK’s third-largest cinema chain, has revealed its pre-sales figure for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The company has sold 238,000 tickets to date, with two weeks still to go before the film’s release on December 17, making it the fastest-selling film in Vue’s history.

The chain’s overall pre-sales record stands at 270,278 forFifty Shades Of Grey earlier this year, but The Force Awakens is likely to surpass that number within the next week.

A Vue spokesperson said: “2015 has been an incredible year for the film industry. UK cinema admissions in the first three quarters of 2015 were over 122 million, which is a 7% rise year on year from 2014.”

Speaking to ScreenDaily, the spokesperson added: “The story [of The Force Awakens pre-sales] is the same worldwide with one ticket being sold every two seconds in Poland, and three times more traffic hitting our Dutch equivalent in the Netherlands. With two weeks to go until launch, ticket sales look set to increase.”

Odeon UCI and Cineworld, the UK’s other major multiplex chains, have yet to release concrete pre-sales numbers, but those company’s figures are likely to be even higher.

Last week, ScreenDaily reported that exhibitors were predicting Star Wars: The Force Awakens to become the biggest film of all time in the UK

Means ticket sales must be approaching the million mark. 

• Like 1