Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Could MIB pull an upset and manage to be number 1 for the weekend. I'm guessing the new openers all bombed.

What was opening this weekend in the UK? Edited by CJohn

Not much, Two British films Ill Manors and A Fantastic Fear of Everything and Red Tails.

Those doesn't sound like movies that would make much money. Prometheus should be 1st again.

Prometheus nabbed the No. 1 spot for the second straight weekend in the U.K. ($5.2 million from 1,162 spots for a market cume of $25 million

Snow White grossed $3.6 million at 467 spots for a No. 3 market ranking and a 10-day market cume of $14.7 million.

MIB3 - U.K. action came to $3.9 million from 844 locales, enough for a No. 2 ranking and a market cume of $24.3 million.

Great drop for Prometheus, that's around 46%. Fantastic for MIB3, will easily surpass $30m now, after such an awful opening.

Prometheus' weekdays don't seem as strong for some reason, MIB3 could hit £20m as it has no competition until Spidey.

Is this really that surprising? An R-rated science-fiction/horror film is gonna be an evening/night film in general, and during the work week people are less inclined to catch a late show.

TDKR is going to have an unprecedented opening.I think it could beat The Avengers. Cinemas are going to have an absolutely HUGE number of showtimes, probably into the early hours. £15m+ 3 day will happen. Mark my words.