Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

When I saw Ice Age yesterday, there was a whole load of Italian students a few rows in front of me. Throughout the entire film, a few of them kept getting up and running out of the auditorium, and then coming back in, switching their phones on and talking. So fucking irritating.Film was great though. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Best since the first.

They ruined my first shows of GI Joe and OOTP.I'm going to catch a show of Ice Age on my day off before TDKR probably, have to see it for The Simpsons and Peter Dinklage.

I didn't even know there was a Simpsons short before it. I liked it though.It was funny, there was a guy in-front of me who started looking round in confusion when it came on. He even asked the person next to him whether this was the showing for Ice Age or not. :lol:

So far today, Ice Age 4 is looking strongest. Maybe even stronger than yesterday. Both the 10:30am and 13:00 shows sold out at my cinema and it looks the afternoon shows will follow suit. Spider-man is doing okay, IMAX is quite full, but I think the Wimbledon final will effect it more than Ice Age today, and families seem to be flocking to Ice Age rather than this.

Edited by Heretic

So far today, Ice Age 4 is looking strongest. Maybe even stronger than yesterday. Both the 10:30am and 13:00 shows sold out at my cinema and it looks the afternoon shows will follow suit.Spider-man is doing okay, IMAX is quite full, but I think the Wimbledon final will effect it more than Ice Age today, and families seem to be flocking to Ice Age rather than this.

Is'nt Sunday should be below Saturday ? :huh:

Quite excited for Ice Age 4 and Spiderman numbers! Hurry up...

Spidey grossed $18.1m in the UK from 1,560 screens to finish within a few percentage points of the Spider-Man 3 debut

not to bad

ice age

The weekend total includes $5.4m in nationwide previews from the UK where the preview tally has reached $11.6m

Edited by overhyped

Spidey grossed $18.1m in the UK from 1,560 screens to finish within a few percentage points of the Spider-Man 3 debut

not to bad

ice age

The weekend total includes $5.4m in nationwide previews from the UK where the preview tally has reached $11.6m

Fantastic number :)

Probably.I find these numbers very impressive. Today, they had to deal with Wimbledon (accoring the the daily mail, 20 million viewers were expected to tune in), and the F1, which also must've had massive ratings.Ice Age could make another £5m or so next weekend, which would put the full opening at $19.3m!

Spider-Man did very well, should hold up next week although Ice Age due to the previews should be number 1, do think it should have gotten release fully on the 29th June although I understand why Fox held it back in England and Wales. I think £25-30m total is likely but it's only got two weeks to itself until the Lorax and that has previews on the 21st and 22nd which could dent IA then Brave is released mid August.I wonder what Ice Age's actual OW will be once previews are taken away? I imagine it'll be around £3-3.5m.

Edited by Jonwo