YM!

YourMother’s Sensational Y6 Reviews /w/ a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich inside: Now I’m a head out.

Yep, the title says it all, make your requests ahead of time, I’m putting in new grades, but the DONG is still A+.

A+

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

A-/A

B-/B/B+

C-/C/C+

185?cb=20151103125558&key=fdc1923def6702

D-/D/D+

F

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Okay so here’s the scoreboard so far:

LucIId

Bunny

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

Colony

Hired Guns

The Ancient Magus' Bride and the King of Cats

Thermal

Sp4rk

The Most Wanted Man in Great Britain

Everyone gets 2 requests, as for the order you’ll never know when I’ll strike apart from the occasional hint, mainly to fuck with @Mr Pastaffelees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Let’s get it started it hot. Let’s get it started in here.

Review 1:

• Spoiler

The Fairly Oddparents 

Before I begin my dissection of the film, fro those who aren’t familiar, The Fairly Oddparents was a very famous Nicktoon that ended a few years ago. The show started off good with quirky charm and whipsmart humor but over time added characters that went from meh (like Poof) to awful (like Sparky and Chloe) while bombarding us with pop culture references, toilet humor and shitty flash animation.

How does New Journey Pictures’ The Fairly Oddparents rank? Is it a The Last Airbender or The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. It’s neither but has problems. Again the story of the film is similar to the show but the main problem is the film feels like a TV pilot edited for feature length just without the magic. The film’s main problem is deviation from the show, and nothing wrong with it but these changes don’t work. Some of the characters changes like Vicky and Chip Skylark don’t work at all, with the latter being an unlikeable douche who doesn’t really learn much in contrast to his character and Vicky isn’t mean or delightfully anarchic, granted it’s for realism but it’s just bland. 

Chloe is also a bland character but gets major changes to be Timmy’s love interest which also fails. Had they used a character like Trixie Tang (who went yandere mode without attention back in the day), it would have worked better.

In fact, one of the major rules in the show was the Godparents couldn’t make anyone love anyone but the movie is like nah. Cosmo and Wanda as well as Jorgen and Mr Turner get a lot of humor, in fact the final act gets a bit creative but there’s only a few fleets of the creativity in the film, there’s no real plot development. It’s fine for kids under 10, but over 10 won’t be amazed at wands and wings and floaty crown things.

C

• Like 2

@Spaghetti this may be the review you were waiting for

Review 2

Spoiler

Lumberjanes: Secret of The Eye

Now this is a perfect family film, it’s pretty damn fun (a lot of 80’s family adventure movies such as The Goonies mixing family fun with some dark and rather horror like feels). Not a single character isn’t charming. All five Lumberjanes and Jo are very likeable and well developed characters. Ripley gave me a lot of laughs and April and Jo had strong chemistry. I also appreciate that Mal and Molly end up together as most family films shy away from LGBT relationships. Diane was a fun antagonist, albeit an obvious one but the twist with the gods was unexpected. The action scenes and the humor where done top notch, particularly the spa fight and the velociraptor scenes were my favorites. The story while predictable at times is still fun and heartwarming. The animation like energy despite being live action helps energize it rather than feel corny. Odyssey stans will love the joke near the end of the film. The improvements over the rough draft really showed as April/Jo drama felt underdeveloped becomes a strong point here and Apollo has work to do.

Dong?

Yes, obviously.

A+

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

Now to commit murder:

Spoiler

Raspitiie Street Kids: A Bunny’s Tale

I am perfectly calm but I have one question to ask....

Spoiler

WHY?!?!?!?!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Yeah, this movie was bad. And this is from someone who legitimately found the first Jonny Jonny verse film entertaining. Let’s get started on the story as the story as a mishap with an Easter Bunny cult leads our heroes into our world. To the films credit the animation although sloppy had the modest charming scenes, and can at a moment capture the same WTF stupidly fun wit as JJ, particularly the use of iCarly’s cast and theme song. Once it goes live action, the film progressively gets worse which ends with one of the most traumatic sex scenes in CAYOM. 

The Grade?

As of recently I dislike giving out F’s because it’s somewhat unfair to people and this had lot of work that’ll require therapy, so I’ll split it:

F/D-

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Surprise

Spoiler

Borassca

Spoiler

Lots of controversy here but I loved this one. This is well done thriller and mystery that keeps the reader intrigued and simultaneously unnerved at the end. The story and writing are probably amongst @Rorschach best, the main characters excel, Kyle giving a lot of levity, Kimber providing some strong heart, mainly her relationship with her mother and Sam is the emotional core as well as the straight man. The most interesting dynamic is the adults, who feel almost out of a sick horror movie. The twist in the third act for some may be a bit long and find the twist could’ve been drawn out more but I think it’s done perfect. You want to be stunned by it but you have to keep going, almost making you feel like you are in the movie. My only problem is Kimber could’ve gotten a bit more to chew on, don’t get me wrong her arc was strong but had it been stronger, Borassca would’ve excelled even more.

Dong?

No, but

A

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

January:

Broadways Selects: The Band’s Visit

Pretty solid. Nothing else to say.

C+/B-

All Kinds of Bull

For the pun alone it gets at least a C, otherwise it’s a standard drama until the ending.

C-

Espionage Project

A pretty run of the mill buddy action comedy but is bolstered by its strong cast and the duo of Cruise and Malek

B-

Walking With You

A cute romantic drama about the end of the world with good leads.

B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1