RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

This never stood a chance.

And now it really doesn’t stand a chance. 

1/3rd of Marvels? 

Yeah, I don't know who this is for. Maybe if all the women in this were in dope costumes and swinging around New York this would have an audience but we know it'll be a cheap movie where none of them will get a superhero identity until the last 5 minutes.

51 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This never stood a chance.

And now it really doesn’t stand a chance. 

1/3rd of Marvels? 

This always looked as "1/3rd of the Marvels". But the Marvels doing very low than expected doesn't mean at all this is going to proportionally fall. The marvels has a lot of aditional problems ( like the brie hate, being a sequel of series) that this movie don't have. 

54 minutes ago, DInky said:

Yeah, I don't know who this is for. Maybe if all the women in this were in dope costumes and swinging around New York this would have an audience but we know it'll be a cheap movie where none of them will get a superhero identity until the last 5 minutes.

Probably true! 

18 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, if it has 1/3rd of Marvels budget, it's fine.

I doubt it will. Bet the budget is still over $100m. I like this cast so I’m seeing it. 

4 minutes ago, fede75 said:

This always looked as "1/3rd of the Marvels". But the Marvels doing very low than expected doesn't mean at all this is going to proportionally fall. The marvels has a lot of aditional problems ( like the brie hate, being a sequel of series) that this movie don't have. 

The thing that is going against this movie is that nobody knows what the fuck this is nor cares.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DInky said:

The thing that is going against this movie is that nobody knows what the fuck this is nor cares.

there's not trailer or posters of this movie who is from an obsure character, obviously right now nobody cares and knows about this genius.  Makes no sense to say it will do half than blue beetle in the box offcie without any promotional thing or the reactions from the public to it. 

Edited by fede75

6 minutes ago, fede75 said:

there's not trailer or posters of this movie who is from an obsure character, obviously right now nobody cares genius. Makes no sense to say it will do half than blue beetle in the box offcie without any promotional thing or the reactions from the public to it. 

I bet people still won't care even after the trailers are out.

Also, my 70M number was in response to Krissykins's post and your reply to it.  Krissykins was wondering if Madame Web would do 1/3 of The Marvels' box office. That would be 70M (The Marvels looks to make a little over 200M worldwide). Then you responded by saying that if Madame Web has 1/3 of the budget of The Marvels (again 70M would be 1/3 of the Marvels' budget) then making only 1/3 of the Marvels' gross would be fine. But it wouldn't. The scenario you yourself laid out would have a 70M movie make 70M at the box office.

Edited by DInky

13 minutes ago, DInky said:

I bet people still won't care even after the trailers are out.

Also, my 70M number was in response to Krissykins's post and your reply to it.  Krissykins was wondering if Madame Web would do 1/3 of The Marvels' box office. That would be 70M (The Marvels looks to make a little over 200M worldwide). Then you responded by saying that if Madame Web has 1/3 of the budget of The Marvels (again 70M would be 1/3 of the Marvels' budget) then making only 1/3 of the Marvels' gross would be fine. But it wouldn't. The scenario you yourself laid out would have a 70M movie make 70M at the box office.

ah okey. Well my point in general was that there's a lot of people that doesn't care that much about madame web but likes the cast and doesn't have a strong bias of not watching like with the marvels. And others are used to see more than 1 marvel movie in a year so are probably going to watch at least one of the sony movies. I don't think this is doing much less than shazam 2 or blue beetle 

Edited by fede75

4 minutes ago, fede75 said:

ah okey. Well my point in general was that there's a lot of people that doesn't care that much about madame web but likes the cast and doesn't have a strong bias of not watching like with the marvels. And others are used to see more than 1 marvel movie in a year so are probably going to watch at least one of the sony movies. I don't think this is doing much less than shazam 2 or blue beetle 

Yeah, it would be hard to fathom it making less than 100M WW but it was also hard to fathom The Marvels bombing the way it is so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with next year's comic book movies. Aquaman 2 will be the next test.

Edited by DInky

1 minute ago, fede75 said:

Something very weird here is that the original Madame Web( main character here) is a D-list character but Julia Carpenter ( Sydney Sweeney character) was actuallythe most popular West Coast Avenger in mid90

I don't expect any logic from Sony. I just wish they would let Marvel Studios have Jessica Drew Spider-Woman.

Edited by DInky

7 hours ago, fede75 said:

Something very weird here is that the original Madame Web( main character here) is a D-list character but Julia Carpenter ( Sydney Sweeney character) was actuallythe most popular West Coast Avenger in mid90

Julia Carpenter had one of the greatest costumes ever made in the comic medium, Spider-Man and then Venom stole it.