kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

It increased from the 66m estimate? Hell yeah, that's a good way to start way to start my morining. Damn, this OD performance is nearly identical to what TDK did. This easily is one of, if not the most impressive OD in recent memory. It literally came out of nowhere. This is Harry Potter 1 and Spider-Man all over again. It has generated interested from casual moviegoers as an motion picture event and its huge BO will reflect that.

Also look by Sunday for a humongous opening worldwide day-and-date this weekend on an estimated 7,700 prints everywhere except for handful of markets (which include Spain, Italy, South Africa, Japan, South Korea, Venezuela. The first international numbers coming in from Australia scored a huge $1.8 million (USD) on 471 screens, which was bigger than the debuts down under for Iron Man ($1.0M) and Quantum Of Solace ($1.0M). I’ve learned that Australia number went up a big +20% the next day – which is unusual.

My goodness.

Edited by kayumanggi

I

its matiness are looking good already as NYC has already sellouts. Can it crack 50M today!!!!!!!!!

I think it will crack 50M today, it needs to increase 2.9% from Friday without midnights to do that, so I do see it happening. DH1 increased 2.1% so I think that 2.9% for HG is possible, and it may actually go higher than 50.