JB33

Arctic Dogs | November 1, 2019 | Entertainment Studios | Co-written and directed by Aaron Woodley, Jeremy Renner is Swifty the Arctic Fox

I searched but didn't find a thread for this, so here it is.

Coming out on the 1st and not a peep (unsurprisingly), yet is releasing in an astounding 3,600+ theatres (surprisingly!) per BOM! So the question is.....what's going to bomb harder, this or PLAYMOBIL: The Movie??

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The spiritual sequel to Norm of the North we didn't know we needed. Too bad Rob Schneider's schedule is jam-packed, would have loved a cameo to please the fans. 

Exactemundo! That's exactly what this feels like.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:16 AM, Eric loves Rey said:

Thanks! I figured that original 3,600+ figure on BOM was bogus.

That said, 3,000+ is still tons for this movie! The PTA should be amazing to behold.

This will finish under $20M total DOM...it's not going anywhere...

This isn't based on quality (I have no idea if it's good or bad...although I'd say, not knowing anything but the trailers, that it's leaning closer to the bad:)...this is based on theater sets, screens, and the overall market:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

5 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

This will finish under $20M total DOM...it's not going anywhere...

This isn't based on quality (I have no idea if it's good or bad...although I'd say, not knowing anything but the trailers, that it's leaning closer to the bad:)...this is based on theater sets, screens, and the overall market:)...

Agreed. Pretty much nobody knows this movie exists. Animated films seem to always be in the public consciousness, even if they're not from Disney. This? This is being dumped randomly with zero fanfare or studio support. Random really is the word I'd use to describe this movie. Like, what is it and where did it come from? Lol.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 2:23 PM, JB33 said:

Agreed. Pretty much nobody knows this movie exists. Animated films seem to always be in the public consciousness, even if they're not from Disney. This? This is being dumped randomly with zero fanfare or studio support. Random really is the word I'd use to describe this movie. Like, what is it and where did it come from? Lol.

That being said, I take it this one's a no go for you and the family, eh @TwoMisfits?

• Like 1

Oof. DOA was an understatement for this random animation. It was last out of the 4 openers this weekend, bringing in $2.9M for a $1,020 PTA. 

A close-ish comparable is Ratchet & Clank, which released April 29, 2016 to $4.9M in 2,891 theatres for a $1,684 PTA.

It's a tough, tough market for any animation studio that isn't one of the big guns.

• Like 2