kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.24): 50.0 M | THE HUNGER GAMES

So, if this movie does over 400m, and so does TA, TH, and TDKR, then wouldn't that be some kind of record? That's like four movies with over 400m within a single year?!!!

The current record is two and that was 2009.

For the record, TDK managed a 3.68 multiplier without midnights from a similar OW, despite being a sequel and having a record breaking OW. I think 3.0 is pretty reasonable

No doubt, if twi-trud 1 can get a 3.10 without midnights, this is headed for a 3.0+ with ease.

Wow seriously? Granted the film has opened spectacularly but surely people aren't still expecting this to gross over 400m. This massive OW just means the film will be front loaded. I'm thinking a total of 330-340m. If it hit 350m that would be outstanding as it will have sold more tickets than DH2.

So, if this movie does over 400m, and so does TA, TH, and TDKR, then wouldn't that be some kind of record? That's like four movies with over 400m within a single year?!!!

all four will reach 400m, it would have been three but then THG came along breakout style. ^_^

That did have Christmas though.

it did ok over christmas but twi-turd films are historically dead by that time, heck twi-turd 1 even managed to drop over christmas wknd, and new years wknd, talk about front-loaded.

Wow seriously? Granted the film has opened spectacularly but surely people aren't still expecting this to gross over 400m. This massive OW just means the film will be front loaded. I'm thinking a total of 330-340m. If it hit 350m that would be outstanding as it will have sold more tickets than DH2.

What amazes me is your continued denial.

Hobbit and TDKR are locks. Hobbit with a 45% 3D share (putrid) and 38% admissions drop from Fellowship will STILL hit 400M flat. This about as locked as a film can be for 400M.

Edited by spizzer

it did ok over christmas but twi-turd films are historically dead by that time, heck twi-turd 1 even managed to drop over christmas wknd, and new years wknd, talk about front-loaded.

Twilight actually had the best drop over the christmas weekend in 2008 and by far the best drop over the new year weekend and overall had amazing late christmas-legs.Just saying...

2.3 multiplier without midnights? Not even the Twilight films did that bad. The November openers are consistently about 2.6, and even the weakest Potters were around 2.8.

Ok 400m carries a lot of prestige. Only 1 HP movie which was the finale and none of the twilight series managed that. And 450m is even in more hallowed ground. You can literally count on one hand the number of movies which did 450m or higher. I would be over the moon already if it did 400. 450m is ... Hard to contemplate at this point. :)

Edited by Eldenfirefly

Ok 400m carries a lot of prestige. Only 1 HP movie which was the finale and none of the twilight series managed that. And 450m is even in more hallowed ground. You can literally count on one hand the number of movies which did 450m or higher. I would be over the moon already if it did 400. 450m is ... Hard tocontemplate at this point. :)

DH2 made 381M domestically.