kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.24): 50.0 M | THE HUNGER GAMES

I'll consider 400M a lock (as in definite) if the weekend estimates hold. Can't see why it shouldn't. WOM doesn't seem like its going to be toxic for this.

Edited by spizzer

I'll consider 400M a lock (as in definite) if the weekend estimates hold. Can't see why it shouldn't. WOM doesn't seem like its going to be toxic for this.

Again, not at all. Depends on how naturally frontloaded it is.

Also this would be the 4th or 5th best selling film by admissions on a opening weekend.Number 1 is TDK 173 million Adjusted.Spidey 3: 172 millionDMC: 162 millionSpiderman 1: 155 milionSo it will be the 4th or 5th best selling film in terms of tickets sold not 3rd....however...If it stays over 150 million and personally I think 153 million is the min now...It is a bigger opener then DH2, but also comparable to the "legendary" openers of the past decade.http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/?adjust_yr=2012&p=.htm

Edited by Lordmandeep

Also this would be the 4th or 5th best selling film by admissions on a opening weekend.Number 1 is TDK 173 million Adjusted.Spidey 3: 172 millionDMC: 162 millionSpiderman 1: 155 milionSo it will be the 5th best selling film in terms of tickets sold not 3rd....however...If it stays over 150 million and personally I think 153 million is the min now...It is a bigger opener then DH2, but also comparable to the "legendary" openers of the past decade.

I'm pretty sure Spiderman 3 sold more tickets than TDK on opening weekend. TDK had IMAX and skews older (pricier tickets).

Again, not at all. Depends on how naturally frontloaded it is.

Even if it is as frontloaded as the last two Potter films (which this OW clearly indicates its not), it's still headed for 380 million. For what it's worth, I'm going to make the assumption that a non-sequel film with no competition for the next few weeks and some spring break holds next week is going to have at least marginally better legs than the 8th and final film of a frontloaded franchise whose midnights comprised of over a quarter of its gross. This is hitting 400M.

"I'm pretty sure Spiderman 3 sold more tickets than TDK on opening weekend. TDK had IMAX and skews older (pricier tickets)."I think it did but I have had this battle for 4 years and you just cannot convince the TDK fans..."I could be wrong but i think TA is not going to break any records."It has a decent shot at biggest Saturday and that is about it.Meaning it could pull off a opening weekend similar to Spiderman 3.A large Friday like 60-65 million and remember this is 3D.So IM2 Friday adjusted + 3D puts this around 60 million.Considering the nature of the film and that the biggest Saturadays come from May, it will likley get around 50 million or so Saturday.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Even if it is as frontloaded as the last two Potter films (which this OW clearly indicates its not), it's still headed for 380 million.

No, $350m (assuming a $155m opening weekend). Edited by Elessar

400 mill is far from locked...

Even if it is as frontloaded as the last two Potter films (which this OW clearly indicates its not), it's still headed for 380 million. For what it's worth, I'm going to make the assumption that a non-sequel film with no competition for the next few weeks and some spring break holds next week is going to have at least marginally better legs than the 8th and final film of a frontloaded franchise whose midnights comprised of over a quarter of its gross.This is hitting 400M.

I agree with this. There are no main competition in the next weeks. Big factor this is.