TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

It means very little, this is almost the exact same schedule as the last two MCU movies.

I wasn’t even gonna bother responding but yes:

A) 10 days almost painfully typical for mcu 

B ) social timing basically zero relationship to eventual reception for MCU

8 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

It means very little, this is almost the exact same schedule as the last two MCU movies.

...which critics both gave mostly positive reviews to. And one of which is on a major awards circuit right now.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lol what you're unhappy it's not a whole month before release? What does "painfully typical" possibly even mean in this context?

Meaning it’s so normal that to even be talking about it is as though it indicates anything is 🤦‍♂️

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

...you talked about a sign of confidence. R&T is the second worst reviewed film in the MCU. Wtf?

Please read the words I am typing. It received mostly positive reviews. Which is a fact. I bolded it for you so you would read it this time.

I swear to God this is one of the most pessimistic boards in the internet. Bassett will be onstage winning an Oscar for Black Panther and people will be claiming the MCU is dying

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Please read the words I am typing. It received mostly positive reviews. Which is a fact. I bolded it for you so you would read it this time.

I swear to God this is one of the most pessimistic boards in the internet. Bassett will be onstage winning an Oscar for Black Panther and people will be claiming the MCU is dying

Ok, first of all, you can't say it's a show of confidence when the second worst reviewed film in the franchise had the same pattern, and second, Bassett winning an oscar (if she does) has nothing to do with BO performance (not that I subscribe to the "MCU is dying" thinking, by the way)...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Right now without any reviews or WOM I´m thinking 250M domestic, 275M OS-C and 40M China for 565M worldwide. Ofc can go higher if the movie is received well but also lower if it´s not

Yeah. Good prediction but i cant imagine a third movie of The MCU under The second one... 

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Well if you don't like this board for its pessimism, then just a reminder that we're not the only place on the Internet where you can talk about Marvel. There's zero reason to hang out around a forum you hate.

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why should I leave?

Because it seems like you don't like being in this place anymore. You start fights and do passive-aggressive backtalk the second anyone dares say that Marvel movies are "dying" or "on a decline" or "are getting bad reviews". It's not constructive, it doesn't help anybody, and indicates you hate this forum and its community. And sorry to say, the staff won't ban people for saying mean things about Marvel, just as we don't ban people for saying nice things about Marvel. So why are you in a place that is ultra-pessimistic and full of bad takes when there are hundreds, thousands of other places online where people talk about Marvel more positively? Pretty sure you aren't being forced against your will to post on this forum.

So you could do one of two things: ignore these posts/posters (we have Ignore functionalities on this forum after all), or find another area that is more kindly towards Marvel. Because it makes zero sense to hang around a forum you dislike, especially when Marvel discussion is literally everywhere. It's your choice.