TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

Just now, thajdikt said:

Thor had way more positive and that got like 63

Thor reactions was mostly from the premiere, the second wave was more mixed and in line with the actual reviews

Ant Man reactions so far aren´t from the premiere because that ain´t over yet, and while it´s meh the sample is too small, you´re overeacting tbh

Just now, thajdikt said:

Thor had way more positive and that got like 63

But a lot of the audience rejected that movie harshly. Classic case of movie that the critics were more forgiving of.

Whereas I think the fans and GA will drive this one, and honestly their opinions are the ones that matter to me with these movies.

Just now, Verrows said:

But a lot of the audience rejected that movie harshly. Classic case of movie that the critics were more forgiving of.

Whereas I think the fans and GA will drive this one, and honestly their opinions are the ones that matter to me with these movies.

What's the last mcu movie to get average critics score and be loved by the fans?

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Would be great for us Peyton Reed auterists if this sucks, causing Reed to get out of the Marvel machine and use the creative energy that he hasn't been able to use in years (especially with him trying to make something as good as Down With Love again.

I still will legitimately defend both the first two Ant-Man movies as fun family comedy superhero movies that do their job damn well. I think I may try to give Down with Love a chance this week. Things have been pretty rough these past few months in addition to having to finish up school. 

Edited by YM!

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

What's the last mcu movie to get average critics score and be loved by the fans?

Depends on what your definition of average critics score is. It's important to note that I'm not assuming this gets an average critics score based on a handful of early reactions... 

I'm basically saying if this movie isn't a 90% type critical darling I'm betting on it being more by the fans (as opposed to an Eternals type that relies more on reviews).

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Would be great for us Peyton Reed auterists if this sucks, causing Reed to get out of the Marvel machine and use the creative energy that he hasn't been able to use in years to make something as good as Down With Love again.

The man put in so much time for Marvel, took over Ant Man for them...and still didn't get his dream Fantastic 4 job. I feel bad for the guy!

• Sad 1

Just now, YM! said:

I still will legitimately defend both the first two Ant-Man movies as fun family comedy superhero movies that do their job damn well. I think I may try to give Down with Love a chance this week. Things have been pretty rough these past few months in addition to having to finish up school. 

I find it funny now how people hated on him because he replaced Edgar Wright, but Reed's actually the better director (and also better at appropriating other styles and films) of the two. And there is some interesting stuff in the first two Ant-man movies that Reed himself came up with.

I'm just hoping he didn't lose his talent after making this movie (some of his comments about his change in approach with this film kinda concerned me).

Legit think Eternals overall had better reactions than this when the embargo lifted. Like there were som that was bad but most of it was still positive. Here everything seems to aggressively okay. The positive ones also seems to only talk to Kang.

I

• Like 1