TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

23 hours ago, toutvabien said:

I like to think of a what if scenario in which covid never happens, no lock downs. I doubt much changes about the state of the DCEU, maybe it takes a little longer to die and the reboot looks a little different. Wonder Woman 1984 does make a lot of money, but it's a number like $700-750m, where they still feel ok with rebooting without moving on with a part 3, especially with the poor reception, kinda like ASM 2. The Suicide Squad probably does around double what it ended up doing, ig?

I think the move to streaming would have happened even if No  Covid, it just would have taken longer, been more gradual.

4 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Idk. I'm really not panicking. The film isn't out for another three weeks and Deadline's $70M opening report tells me there's still time to increase the opening weekend through promo. 

Why anybody should panic unless they own a lot of Warners stock I don't get.

And I am of the it will open big but the legs will be pretty bad school. It won't flop, if by flop you mean lose WB money, but it will make only a modest profit at best.

5 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Seems like "Lee" is basically an original character with a few passing similarities with Harley Quinn rather than an official take on the character.

Then Phillips has made a  big mistake; you don't publicise  a movie as featuring a very popular charecter then don't deliver.

Yu can make some changes ...like Nolan  did Catwoman....but you don't cheat audiences of what they paid to see.

That goes triple for CBN fans.

7 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Idk. I'm really not panicking. The film isn't out for another three weeks and Deadline's $70M opening report tells me there's still time to increase the opening weekend through promo. 

I don't want to be pessimistic but I think the contrary is going to happen, the closer the release the more we know about of the film and the more it alienates the audience.

• Like 1

It can still work as it is, "it's nothing like comic books" is not real criticism, people bring it up only when they don't like a movie, but if they like what they see, suddenly it's not an issue at all. Son of Iron Man is based on a comic book character mostly in name only, his friends have even less to do with comic books despite using those names, but people don't care about it.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mad Max007 said:

They could have made it all grounded and tried to go full artsy-fartsy despite using the character name/her roots but this just screams lazy and underbaked lol.

This is beginning to smell of one of those things that look great and clever on paper,but do not turn out so well on the screen.

42 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It can still work as it is, "it's nothing like comic books" is not real criticism, people bring it up only when they don't like a movie, but if they like what they see, suddenly it's not an issue at all. Son of Iron Man is based on a comic book character mostly in name only, his friends have even less to do with comic books despite using those names, but people don't care about it.

You are getting a little desperate methinks.

If Harley is not Harley, you can kiss any hope of this being a sucess goodbye.

I never got stanning for film you have never seen anyway.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

I don't want to be pessimistic but I think the contrary is going to happen, the closer the release the more we know about of the film and the more it alienates the audience.

No shit. The CBM already don't like the fact it is a musical, if there is no real Harley that is the kiss of death for sure.