TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

It's shocking how easily forgotten this movie is. Nobody is talking about it anymore. I was expecting fanboy wars, but the nerds simply don't care. I guess , in the end the movie was not controversial like the first one; this one was just meh for the audience

You don't get the worst Cinemascore in the history of the genre if you are just meh for the audience. Look at Youtube and Insta, red pill and nerd channels are mad about it. Nobody is talking about it (besides Mad Max 007 of course) because it flopped, nobody talks about Furiosa either because it flopped as well and mass audience ignored it despite good reception. You need to be successful to have a long conversation on release, most flops are forgotten after first week, people move on in the end.

Edited by TomThomas

10 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

You don't get the worst Cinemascore in the history of the genre if you are just meh for the audience. Look at Youtube and Insta, red pill and nerd channels are mad about it. Nobody is talking about it (besides Mad Max 007 of course) because it flopped, nobody talks about Furiosa either because it flopped as well and mass audience ignored it despite good reception. You need to be successful to have a long conversation on release, most flops are forgotten after first week, people move on in the end.

It just does not strke me as the kind of film that will get revaluated over time. It will always have a few supporters.

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It just does not strke me as the kind of film that will get revaluated over time. It will always have a few supporters.

Maybe it won't, but I can see it getting Showgirls kind of revaluation down the line where it was considered the worst movie ever made on release with tons of Razzies, but now looked upon more fondly, even if it's still not widely considered a great film. So it's kinda like low-end revaluation, without complete 180 degree turn like Carpenter's The Thing.

6 hours ago, Maggie said:

It's shocking how easily forgotten this movie is. Nobody is talking about it anymore. I was expecting fanboy wars, but the nerds simply don't care. I guess , in the end the movie was not controversial like the first one; this one was just meh for the audience

They got more important stuff to worry about, such as The Penguin TV show and the next Batman film. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They got more important stuff to worry about, such as The Penguin TV show and the next Batman film. 

And they have a huge success on their hands with the Penguin TV show. 

• Like 1