Eric Atreides

Downhill | February 14, 2020 | Fox Searchlight | Coming to digital March 27

15 hours ago, Joel M said:

Most surprising thing is that it tries to match the original's tone. I thought they would go for a more sundance dramedy vibe considering who writes it. I hope at least the actors can make it worth a bit.

I'm very much looking forward to the dynamic between Dreyfuss and Farrell! Again, glad this is going wide.

Getting througly ripped by the critics;which pretty much is a death sentence for this kind of film.

I love Julia Louis Dreyfuss, but she seems to be not very good at picking film projects.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 9:34 AM, Joel M said:

Most surprising thing is that it tries to match the original's tone. I thought they would go for a more sundance dramedy vibe considering who writes it. I hope at least the actors can make it worth a bit.

Actually, one of the main criticisms of the movie is that it waters down the Swedish original.

6 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

lmao...

I feel like I've barely heard about this, surprised it's opening in so many theaters.

Which is a sign the studio decided not to spend much money on marketing, which is a sign the studio knew it has a turkey on it's hands

Sad, since I really like Julia Louis Dreyfuss a lot.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 3:46 PM, JB33 said:

What the hell? I thought this had potential to be fun, though I should really know better. I still want to see it but if it's cable movie quality then streaming it is.

Or maybe the Swedish original, which by all accounts is vastly better then this?