Eric the Clown

A Complete Unknown | Christmas Day 2024 | James Mangold directs | TIMOTHEE CHALAMET IS BOB DYLAN | Cinema has been saved!!!!

Btw as someone said here dylan certainly isn't a great Singer but the way he sings is fascinating and that seems a win for chalamet cause in some parts of this trailer you really ask if It's an audio of Dylan singing or It's a cover. 

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Btw as someone said here dylan certainly isn't a great Singer but the way he sings is fascinating and that seems a win for chalamet cause in some parts of this trailer you really ask if It's an audio of Dylan singing or It's a cover. 

That is a basic question I guess every director of  biopic has t make at some point; DO you let the actor sing or use the original recordings, You can make an  good argument for both sides here.

If Chalamet did his own singing, I am impressed. It sounds just like Dylan.

And of course "Hard Rain Gonna Fall" is one of Dylan's most iconic songs.

FOr instance, Ken Burns used it over the final credits for part one of his series on The Vietnam war.

Movie looks pretty good (Cocks is a good writer for this) and Chalamet nails the singing but I'm gonna be honest, I still just see Chalamet playing Bob Dylan. Not really convinced of the casting no matter how well he impersonates the voice.

Always major credit to actors who do their own singing in these, it's the main interesting part of a music biopic to me (even if it's only half the movie like Butler). 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • ...wtf 1

Sorry. Haven't gotten to the trailer yet.

Anyways...yeah. Music biopic gonna be music biopic. BUT GUYS TIMOTHEE HIS SWAGGER HIS STYLE HIS EYES HIS POWER HIS HAIR OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I AM SO HERE FOR ALL THIS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On 10/8/2024 at 11:44 AM, toutvabien said:

Hottest he has ever looked!!

See this is a tough thing to consider. Because like...he's always been hot. And it depends on the context? I think Wonka will always be his hottest, but I am very, very, very partial towards the Disney Prince type. A charming scallywag who you just know is pure love and grace and beauty and kindness all wrapped up into one. But yeah. His hair? Girl....his hair in this? Holy fucking moly ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

21 hours ago, excel1 said:

Bone structure to rival, but obviously not surpass, a young Josh. 

17 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Movie looks pretty good (Cocks is a good writer for this) and Chalamet nails the singing but I'm gonna be honest, I still just see Chalamet playing Bob Dylan. Not really convinced of the casting no matter how well he impersonates the voice.

Man get the fuck out of my house lmfao