Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

9 hours ago, Willowra said:

Who are the main faces in this saga, by the way? No one knows that, as Feige has been silent on this important topic since Endgame

I think Feige is keeping his options open, and waiting to see which charecters catch on with the public.

30 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sad to say, there is going to be a huge backlash against this film in the US from the Bigots.

How dare they have a Muslim as a heroine/ HOW DARE THEY!

God, I hate the right wing wackjobs.

Yeh even the replies to that Discussing Film tweet with the poster are dreadful. 

They do seem to attract the worst. 

33 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Hype for this one doesn’t seem as high as for Quantumania or GOTGV3

I wouldn’t be surprised since the “hook” isn’t as big (Quantumania’s was “Kang is in it and he’s the next Thanos” and GOTG 3 was “it’s the last one”).

But like…it’s a Captain Marvel sequel with Brie Larson as the lead again. It’s the sequel to a movie the internet declared would be a bomb and launched a hate campaign over because of Brie Larson. I don’t expect certain parts of the internet to be raving over this.

I’ve been to a party today where I had the displeasure of hearing an unfortunate relative whine about this movie being feminist drivel because it had 3 women as leads, then I mentioned how most superhero movies had one or even two dudes as leads and have the next Deadpool as an example.

Then  he said he was really fucking happy that the movie had 2 guys as leads(Deadpool and Wolverine) to counter this feminist crap and how that was going to be an awesome anti-feminist thing or some shit. So I just left the room in order not to start a fight inside a family party.

Fucking Bolsonaro voters man, they’re the worst.

• Sad 4
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Hype for this one doesn’t seem as high as for Quantumania or GOTGV3

When the total views of its official trailer are 1/4th of Wakanda Forever's trailer on YouTube, you can imagine its box office result. It was already a dumb idea to make a movie about a female CBM character who is neither popular nor important for GA. They should've released an Avengers movie first in Phase 4 and established her in the MCU through that movie, and then they should've released The Marvels in Phase 5.

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I’ve been to a party today where I had the displeasure of hearing an unfortunate relative whine about this movie being feminist drivel because it had 3 women as leads, then I mentioned how most superhero movies had one or even two dudes as leads and have the next Deadpool as an example.

Then  he said he was really fucking happy that the movie had 2 guys as leads(Deadpool and Wolverine) to counter this feminist crap and how that was going to be an awesome anti-feminist thing or some shit. So I just left the room in order not to start a fight inside a family party.

Fucking Bolsonaro voters man, they’re the worst.

I feel so lucky for not having a single close relative that is a Bolsonaro supporter. The last one was my godfather and uncle, but he finally came to his senses after the attempted coup. Social media broke our society to the point I truly think it will take decades to fix it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Willowra said:

When the total views of its official trailer are 1/4th of Wakanda Forever's trailer on YouTube, you can imagine its box office result. It was already a dumb idea to make a movie about a female CBM character who is neither popular nor important for GA. They should've released an Avengers movie first in Phase 4 and established her in the MCU through that movie, and then they should've released The Marvels in Phase 5.

What the hell are you even talking about? We don’t have the full data on how many views The Marvels had, and it did insanely well from the Marvel Entertainment account alone, not counting all the other several YouTube channels that shared that trailer, let alone other social media platforms.

The film about the character you say it isn’t important to the GA trended next to Barbie for hours worldwide and gathered currently 12m views on YouTube. For comparison sake, Guardians Vol. 3’s trailer released 5 months ago has 18m views. I don’t think anyone here needs to tell you that the trailer views are cumulative. It has an obvious clear path to surpass Vol. 3’s second trailer views, so if your argument is that the trailers aren’t doing too hot you might rethink your latest talking point because it’s laughably wrong. 

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What the hell are you even talking about? We don’t have the full data on how many views The Marvels had, and it did insanely well from the Marvel Entertainment account alone, not counting all the other several YouTube channels that shared that trailer, let alone other social media platforms.

The film about the character you say it isn’t important to the GA trended next to Barbie for hours worldwide and gathered currently 12m views on YouTube. For comparison sake, Guardians Vol. 3’s trailer released 5 months ago has 18m views. I don’t think anyone here needs to tell you that the trailer views are cumulative. It has an obvious clear path to surpass Vol. 3’s second trailer views, so if your argument is that the trailers aren’t doing too hot you might rethink your latest talking point because it’s laughably wrong. 

You don't need any official announcement from Marvel Studios to know trailer views; its trailer views on YouTube on the official account are 12 million, which is 50% of Ant-Man 3 and about 1/4th of Wakanda Forever. Same story everywhere from Instagram to Facebook. You're still optimistic about its box office performance, and I respect your views, but I'm not optimistic about its box office performance as I can't ignore what I'm seeing.

3 minutes ago, Willowra said:

You don't need any official announcement from Marvel Studios to know trailer views; its trailer views on YouTube on the official account are 12 million, which is 50% of Ant-Man 3 and about 1/4th of Wakanda Forever. Same story everywhere from Instagram to Facebook. You're still optimistic about its box office performance, and I respect your views, but I'm not optimistic about its box office performance as I can't ignore what I'm seeing.

My dude, no one is expecting Marvel to make official announcements. That’s not how this works, and it’s clear at this point that when it comes to this film, your schtick got old months ago. I know how to gather YouTube and other social media platforms how many views a film trailer gets. For years we used to do this with every single blockbuster around here. My point is that you can’t really compare recent data with the cumulative views of the other trailers you mentioned.  

It’s not about my optimism regarding this film’s box office, I’m downright telling you that you are wrong comparing data from a just released trailer to trailers that came out one year ago. We are likely getting trade updates on how many views the trailer has across all platforms eventually, comparing with other films and all. Regardless how you or me feel about the film’s box office potential, you are looking at this the wrong way, with an authority and a knowledge that neither of us have since we aren’t keeping track on how many views these trailers had in 24 hours. We used to have this around here, but not anymore.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Willowra said:

It was already a dumb idea to make a movie about a female CBM character who is neither popular nor important for GA.

You really had to go ahead and use this word like this, didn’t you? That says it all really, and adequately explains your laughable comparison of YouTube views between an one-day-old video and older videos, as well as your incredibly ridiculous claim that a character who had an origin story movie explode on the Box Office to the tune of over a billion dollars isn’t popular nor important.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

IIRC even @Menor the Destroyer mentioned trailer metrics weren't great so that part seems true to me. Still think it will see a big drop off cap marvel but ultimately do fine at 600-700M.

Yeah they aren't great, not totally disastrous but it will need to be a pretty good movie to succeed. Twitter views are extremely high for some reason but I suspect there is some kind of ad/auto play thing going on there.

Edited by Menor the Destroyer
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Yeah they aren't great, not totally disastrous but it will need to be a pretty good movie to succeed. Twitter views are extremely high for some reason but I suspect there is some kind of ad/auto play thing going on there.

Twitter doesn't show video views anymore. They only show "seen tweet" views which not a single person can quantify.